Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years and Napa

Our friends like to party. You may have realized this by now. The only thing we like more than partying is competing. You may have also realized this by now. We compete over cookies, strength, pumpkin carving, gokart racing, decorating....the list goes on and on.

Our lovely friends over at Team Andersen decided to up the ante and stage a "Mr. and Mrs. 2012" competition. I knew in advance the winners would get matching sweatsuits adorned with logos declaring them the winners. I wanted them so badly it hurt.

We brought our 'A' game. This included matching sweaters (the oft alluded to argyle sweaters)


Great faces at charades


A wildly entertaining and horribly undervalued Matrix skit. I say undervalued because I'm kind of certain half the people in the room had never see the movie. No worries, weirdos. It was only the most influential and groundbreaking movie of the 90's.


A rousing round of the Not So Newlywed Game. This was a *real* blast. One of the questions was to identify a not-so-nice name I called Lancer when I'm mad. He had nothing, so he wrote down ASSFACE. For the record, I have never referred to him as ASSFACE. This was awesome because Tyler Carter saw it, and now thinks I'm a ball buster of a wife.

Haha! Look at ASSFACE over there!


A dance-off, for which we have no photos because the person on camera duty was less than stellar.

In the end, our efforts were for naught. The Grays took 3rd place. The Andersens took 2nd place. Yes, they tried to win at their own party. I judge them for this. And, last and most certainly least, 1st place went to these jokers.

They paraded their matching suits around the room. That's cool. Because when they dance, they look like this. I'm not sure you can attach 'winner' to anything that looks like....that.

You can read the full account HERE. It's good stuff.

After such a crushing loss, we headed to Napa to lick our wounds and regroup. We stopped in at Taylor's Automatic Refresher. A milkshake helped.

So did a set of spicy pulled pork tacos with a side of sweet potato fries.


And a grilled cheese sandwich

A visit from a friendly dog also helped out.

B ran around their spacious field. She captivated kids and adults alike with her outgoing personality and fetching striped pants.





Despite such a faux sour end to 2011 (suck it, Carters!!) I'm really looking forward to 2012. I don't really have any goals to speak of. In general, I would like to be healthier, eat tastier food, and most importantly...continue to have fun and live it up with Beezie. Let's go Twenty-Twelve!

5 comments:

Greg said...

Kaari, it sounds like a really fun party and it was fun to read your recap.

If it will make you feel better, I'd be happy to do up a badge to commemorate your performance in the contest? If yes, let me know... ;)

Happy New Year!!

Ashley said...

Greg, feel free to make Kaari a badge. She and Assface rocked it as PARTICIPANTS in the Mr. and Mrs. 2012 Pageant!

In other Newlywed Game shenanigans, Tyler did not appreciate my answer that the difference between us is that I work all the time and he loafs. I actually thought he'd put the same thing.

I didn't know I looked that GOOD dancing. (Dancing?) Seriously, though, those pics are a pleasant surprise.

I DID appreciate your Matrix number. I gave you a 4, which was higher than most. While the acting was stellar, it WAS a bonehead move to pick a movie that you could have guessed most of the crowd wouldn't relate to. The winners of these things are those who can dumb it down to the most common denominator for the pedestrian masses. That is why Louis' slave song lost and Carly's midget dance won. See?

Okay, I gotta go find my prize again. I just look so dang good in it.

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year!!! Your party looks like great fun and its so good that your friends are as competitive as you :-)

2012 is going to rock and I bet you and Aface win best couple next year.

Ashley said...

I think not Elizabeth!

Em said...

Looking at the photo of the Carter's dancing I have to ask...is Tyler really wearing dress shoes?

From one potential ball buster of a wife to another, I appreciated the Aface story. Even if it isn't true. It made me laugh really hard.