Sunday, January 8, 2012

Let the Competition Begin!


Okay--Flab to Fit 2012 is officially in motion. After input from different people, I think I am going to stick with the original point system. There are no men in the contest, so I think the playing field should be even. I know this won't work for people not wanting to really lose wight or exercise (those people do exist!) but I think this is the only way to make it work for the majority of the contestants.

How to enter:

1. Send $10 via Paypal to my Yahoo email address. If you don't know my email, leave a message in the comments section and I'll get in touch with you. Or find me on Facebook and send me a message: http://facebook.com/TheMostess

2. Once you send in the money, go to Myfitnesspal and create an individual account. Be sure to note your username. My username is: themostess.

3. Send the username to me at my Yahoo email address, or at Facebook, and I will add you to the "FlabtoFit" group on Myfitnesspal. Here we can track our weight loss and fitness goals, post updates, post messages, pictures (Tiffany's butt--you go, girl!) etc as a group.

Official Rules:

1. The contest begins on Monday, January 9th and ends 6 weeks later on Sunday, February 19th.

2. If your goal is weight loss, record your starting weight on Monday, January 9th in the morning before breakfast. Record your stats, and keep them on record for yourself. No need to share.

3. If your goal is to gain points by exercising, start recording the amount of time spent working out on Monday, January 9th in the morning.

4. You get one point for each pound lost, and one point for each hour of continuous exercise.

5. We will determine the winner via the Myfitnesspal account on Monday, February 20th. The winner will then get the whole pot of loot. Cha-ching!

Thanks to all--good luck!! Let me know if you have any questions!

21 comments:

brooke said...

I'm in. Go big or go home. Maybe that's not the best motto for a weight loss competition. But nevertheless, I'm in.

Brett Nordquist said...

Is this only for women?

The Mostess said...

Fraid so, Brett. But your wife can join! Not that she's fat.

Unknown said...

Thanks for organizing this Kaari!You are awesome!

Janelle said...

Just sent you the $$. See you at the finish line :)

Unknown said...

Oh man! Janelle is in! This is going to hard! Hey Kaari! Can I use the free account I have with Beachbody? It has a measurements, and wieght accountablility area, and log in for workouts. I see that My fitness tracker wants $19.95 to use thier system.

The Mostess said...

Hey Unknown--I don't know who you are!

It's actually My Fitness Pal, and the service is FREE.

brooke said...

Hey kaari, My user name is brookeharkness on the My Fitness Pal sight. Thanks for helping me add one more craptastic thing to my life....giving up junkfood. Moderation is my goal! If I can even change the little things..like oreos for a snack instead of breakfast I will feel like a winner!

Unknown said...

Okay if bootie-meister Brooke is in, then I put some $ in!

Hayley said...

ugh. i wasn't going to participate, but i was just asked to speak in stake conf. i can't possibly show myself to hundreds of people looking like this.

i'm in.

username is tyandhay

Kristine Gray said...

ok, ok, I don't want to, but I need to do this. I have too many clothes I want to wear this spring. Just the thought of dragging three kids whining to the gym makes me want to give up now but somehow I'll give it a go.

Kristine Gray said...

User name is wifethereof

Molly said...

I'm in, but I have to sign up later today. Only for the women? Bummer. I think I had convinced Christian to sign up. Maybe I can get him to compete against just me.

Jennifer said...

I'm adding you on facebook so I can get your yahoo address. I'm already on myfitnesspal as jenniball91. Good luck everybody; I'm going to kick your behinds!

candace said...

how many people are in now?

candace said...

or is that clasified?

Jennifer said...

Okay I sent you the cash. Thanks for putting all this together!

Sarah said...

My fitness pal account is sarahearner17 -I had an accidental typo as I was setting it up. :) I still need to PayPal the money to you but can't remember my password. I know this is so old school but can I send you a check?

Kristene Francis Robertson said...

username is healthfan

brooke said...

I want to know who unknown is...calling me booty meister ...is that good or bad?

Ashley said...

Seriously, what the booty meister?