Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Good Grief


It's mid January, and I have little to show for this month. I blame my sinus cavities. Back in November, I caught a cold. It hung on for dear life no matter how hard I tried to shake it. It would get better for a day or two, and then--BAM--it would kick back into high gear. This continued through December. I was complaining to Inger that I had a cold I couldn't get rid of, and she matter of factly stated that it was probably a sinus infection. Sure enough, it was. I started on antibiotics, and immediately started feeling better.

But wait...there's more! Just as I was nearing the end of the meds, I either caught a new cold, or my sinuses kicked back in, and I was laid out again. I relaxed and laid low for about a week. Normally, this would have been awesome. But I was surrounded by stuff that needed to be addressed--Christmas decorations, my massive Christmas village, laundry, dishes--you get the picture. But I just relaxed, put the blinders on, and caught up on my sleep.

I'm finally starting to feel better. While B napped today, I finished packing up the village and hauling it out to the party shed. It was at this point I realized how much crap I picked up in my Display-Off victory. I may have the title, but I also have an extra crate full of crap now. Jokes on me, Ashley! I finally got it all packed in nicely.

Stage Right

Here's hoping this dude will scare off all potential squatters and/0r crazed gunmen skulking 'round my hood.

Stage left


I spy a Hooty!







I wish!! But this little chap isn't so bad, either.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

This brings me joy. (Not your sinus infection.) I too acquired waaaay too much fall-ish decor. And I don't have a party shed in which to stuff it all!

Being sick is miserable. I hope you shake it once and for all!

P.S. What are you doing porch-wise for January? I got nothing. (Except crates because I have no place else to store them.)

Greg said...

Thanks for showing us a pic of the Mummy! =o)

Greg said...

and I'm glad you're feeling better!

teuscher travels said...

My first thought was, why did she put a pic of a country singer in her blog??? What a difference a few years can make, he will always be hooty to most people I guess! And I hope you do feel better soon! 2 plus months us waaay to lOng to be sick!

Elizabeth said...

Sinus probs are the worst. I am so glad you are feeling better.

brooke said...

I am glad you are better! I just got home from a girls' weekend with Sammie and my mom and I am sick as a dog!

My storage room in the basement is a huge disaster. I am jealous of how clean and organized the party shed is, and I love Darius Rucker!