Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My list of Gripes and Injustices

I had a sour day yesterday, and I'm taking an extra day to wallow in my grumpiness.

On my list

1. Ponch got the last laugh! My $20 citation arrived, and with taxes and fees, it comes to a whopping $146!!! I need a Mathlete to figure out that increase because I suck at math--but I do know it's enough to make me want to throw tea in a certain Boston harbor. Plus, while I'm in Beantown, I can say hi to my Boys, yes?

2. My phone died, and it's currently in the shop. The guy behind the counter had the misfortune of asking if I had purchased extra insurance for the phone, and my answer was likely not what he was looking for. But, seriously, peeps--when the main function of the phone (touchscreen) freezes after 5 months THAT'S YOUR FREAKING PROBLEM AND I AM NOT GOING TO PAY FOR IT!!!


3. The lady at the Sprint store who insisted there was no way to email me to let me know when my phone was ready for pickup, and insisted on getting my phone number so she could call when it was ready. I had the pleasure of repeating the number associated with the frozen phone back to her, and told her to feel free to call herself tomorrow, and let herself know the phone was ready for pickup. She took down my email.

4. Of course, this (possibly) pregnancy induced tirade was nothing like the one I released on the lady at Babies R Us who insisted I had to add at least 50 items to my registry before it could be entered into the system. I handed her back the gun and told her to knock herself out. She may want to waste her time, but I certainly wasn't going to. This led my sister to call and ask why I had 19 cribs on my registry.

5. I missed not one, but two important phone calls yesterday from my doctor because of #2.

6. I ordered lettuce wraps, and they came without lettuce. I didn't notice until I got home.


7. I had to take an updated photo at the DMV. Now I get to look at my inflated face for the next 5 years every time I show i.d.

8. PS--I also had to lie about my weight. A lot.

9. I had to go to the DMV.


10. Mini Mostess is currently parked on a nerve, preventing me from standing. If I try and stand for longer than 5 minutes, I get numbness followed by shooting, burning pain. And, no, I do not think I am prohibited from complaining about my pregnancy symptoms because I had to wait longer and try harder for Mini. That's like waiting extra long for lunch, burning your tongue on hot soup, and then having everyone tell you that you can't complain about your burnt tongue because you should just be grateful you have lunch. I am grateful, and lunch is great, but my tongue still hurts! If everyone else gets to complain about their burnt tongue, so do I!

11. I can't wear my beloved maternity skinny jeans because of #10. Too skinny, cut off circulation, pinch nerve even more.

12. The weirdo who wasted my time by asking me stupid, obscure questions about an antique art deco dresser I am selling. No, it doesn't have modern sliders--it's a-n-t-i-q-u-e. I should have known she was a freakshow when she asked when she could see the piece, and I told her two days would be the earliest I could show it. Her response? "I guess that would be fine. It is always better to do it as soon as possible, otherwise people forget. Human nature." Red flag city!
Any takers? Asking $50.


13. I have decided against the PBK madras set because it has too much pink, and I really, really don't like this much pink. I think I have to make my own crib bedding. Any takers on that one, either? Must possess marginal sewing skills. I (Lance) will pay you.


14. Bono hurt his back at a recent concert, and it looks like they will be canceling their tour date in June. First Dave, now Bono. I am starting to really hate aging rockers.


I feel so much better already. I must say, however, that pregnancy has certainly made me less willing to deal with bad customer service-but how is that really a bad thing? I'm not crazy, right?

6 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Dear bestie, is your dresser super cute? I happen to be looking for one myself!
Also, I am very sorry for your gripes and injustices. That's a lot to pack into one day for crying out loud.
PS. I happened to see a crib set at Home Goods on Monday that I thought was cute, not super boy-ish and NOT pink. I almost bought it, but then remembered I'd be completely busted when I got home. It was hiding in comforter section. I believe it was teal and tan.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Your comment on SSB totally made my day! :)

brooke said...

Pregnancy made me cranky. Getting no sleep with a newborn makes me downright pissed off all the time. See what you have to look forward to?


The lettuce wrap thing would have put me over the top. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with cafe rio a couple nights ago because they didn't give me any dressing in my to go order. Sam thought I was nuts. I was a woman wronged and demanded all kinds of pay-back. He was embarrassed. I wasn't.

Keep me posted on your new bedding. I love the tulip baby girl bedding there right now but probably not your style.

Ashley said...

You sound really angry in this post, so I won't go near the mathlete thing. I get it, cause pregnant or not, there is nothing that will send me into a blind rage faster than bad customer service. And there is no worse customer service than cell phone companies, and they are at their very worst when the phones are broken. I end up in tears every time. Aging rockers--now that is funny and true. EJ and BJ did it to me the first time around. And that sucks about your nerve pain! Who says you don't get to complain?!? As for the skinny jeans, you sound like you certainly deserve to [have Lance] buy a bigger pair!

Elizabeth said...

I totally feels better once you get the whinge out of your system I reckon, so good for you. I was pissed off and fat and lived in the tropics (sweaty+fat=yuk) for my pregnancies so any and all of these occurrences would have sent me over the edge. I agree with the pink thing (but my girl had blue anyway) and I'm totally agreeing with Brooke about ringing the restaurants and demanding justice for forgotten orders.

Dr. Kate... said...

1) since I'm a psychologist, I diagnose you as completely normal and 2) every one of those things would have pissed me off, except for anyone who said I shouldn't complain about a baby sitting on a nerve... Then I would become homicidal. So, look, you're way better than me.