Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Logan is on Thin Ice

Logan is on a naughty kick these days. I got home on the late side last night, and made an english muffin to help settle my stomach while I took my 8 million gag-worthy prenatal pills. I settled onto the couch, and set my plate on the couch beside me.

In a brazen act of thievery, Logan jumped up on the couch and got in 3 solid swipes of jam and cream cheese before I screamed at him and knocked him off the couch. The last time I screamed at him like that he was a puppy, and I literally scared the pee out of him. I told him that he was naughty and bad, and told him to go to his doggie den immediately.

I didn't hear a peep out of him for a solid half hour. I crept into the kitchen, and saw the most apologetic and contrite face peeking out of his doggie den. He couldn't even look me in the eye.

Note that his door was open, and he could have crept out at any time--except he knew he would face my wrath again, so he stayed put.

We had a little chat about why his actions were wrong, and he let me know it wouldn't happen again.

During our break today, I told my students about the muffin-snatching. I went out to get some snacks for them, and when I came back I saw this little drawing on the board:


My cute little student explained that the picture was of me holding a muffin--I was crying because Logan had eaten it, and I was really hungry. I got a serious laugh out of it, and felt much better. When I got home tonight, I played with Logan a little to let him know we were okay. He learned a valuable lesson learned by his dad a few months earlier--you do NOT mess with a pregnant woman's food.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That picture of Dogface is so sad--the worst is that the door was open and his spirit was too broken to attempt an escape. Glad you made up tonight!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Awww. Look how sad the poor pup is! Cutest pic ever from your student. I surely did cry when the dog ate my lemon pie I worked so hard on. She LOVES carbs, which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't love them so much myself.
Seriously, don't mess with a pregnant lady's food.
PS. Couple days ago I was singing Salt N Peppa's "Push it" to the baby I thought of you Bestie. hahaha! Ooh baby baby, oo baby baby.