Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ponch Got Me


I fought the law, and the law won. Now I owe him a cool $20. What was my infraction?

I quote the citation: "reading a text." Not writing one, just reading one.
Yep, Johnny Law busted me for reading a text at a stoplight. According to him, the Commissioner of Santa Clara counts sitting at a stop light as "operating your motor vehicle," thus making you ineligible for text reading.

Whatevs. I will send in my Andrew Jackson and call it a day. After all, I'm just glad he didn't notice my recently expired license.

Who knew I was so good at flaunting the law and living a life on the lam?

7 comments:

louisgray said...

U 2? LOL.

So far, I have avoided Ponch's gaze. I don't text much, but I do read all e-mail and all manner of online sites while stopped in traffic. If crazy, I even check in while moving. :) Bring it.

Ashley said...

Worth it.

Ashley said...

But hope it wasn't my text.

brooke said...

These are my favorite kind of posts. You are so funny. I'm with Ashley--I say keep talking on the phone and reading texts (though--don't text--I do have some morals)

The eventual ticket is worth the cost of doing business.

Hayley said...

should have stuck out your baby gut & batted your fake eyelashes. that's how i got off the hook back in 09.

the nice (& might i add foxy) copper told me, and i quote, "how can i write someone up for something that i often do too? but mam, you'll be driving around an infant soon. be smart."

Kelli said...

Goes along with "10 over huh? Glad you didn't catch me a half mile back going 20 over." Life's fun living in no-man's land. :-)

Toria said...

what the chinese?
love your posts like this.
thanks for the enlightenment. had no idea you could get busted for reading.