Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

My Peeps came through again. The highly coveted press passes for the Twilight Saga once again landed in my lap. It would have been a crying shame to let them go to waste.

Let me break down my deep thoughts on Eclipse. And they are deep.

The Good

Two words: Sleeping Bag!!

Hot vampy makeouts!

Hot wolfy makeouts!

The sleeping bag!!

Gone is the the white flour, er, makeup from the first 2 movies, as are the bad wigs, Bella's annoying faces/lip biting/hair-behind-ear-tucking, and Edward's overly pained expressions. Some may have even referred to them as constipation-like. Not me, of course, because Rpatz may be reading this right now, and I don't want to be barred from Breaking Dawn. (It was Heather T, RPatz!)

The utterance of the words "Mrs. Cullen." Swoon.

The sleeping bag!!

A totally shirtless Jacob--the entire movie. No, really. Even Edward complains about his lack of shirts.

A certain wolf's 16 pack.

The Bad

Not much to complain about here, though the music wasn't stellar. I prefer the previous soundtracks.

The Ugly

The fuggy engagement ring that's even fuggier than imagined on a large screen. It caused laughter and booing in our theatre. It's almost enough to make you permanently switch to Team Jacob.


This movie is Team 50/50. I loved Edward in Twilight, I learned to love Jacob in New Moon, and I shamelessly bounced back and forth between teams in Eclipse like some dirty little traitor. I'm the Benedict Arnold of the series.

You know what I love more than Edward? The words "Reserved Section." Now that makes me swoon.



The people who took this picture laughed. A lot.

Looking forward to the Eclipse party tomorrow night, ladies! And then off to the midnight showing less than 24 hours from now. Bring on the screaming and fainting tweens! I must say, those not attending the midnight show tomorrow night will be MISSING OUT. Kids, work, you're not a night owl, you're saving it for another friend, collapsed lung (just kidding, A! Get better!) blah...blah...blah. You should cry serious tears for every hour past midnight tomorrow night that you have to wait to see this movie. It's by far the best out of the three. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I mentioned the sleeping bag scene, right? See you tomorrow night, Eddie!

8 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

Can't wait until tomorrow!

By the way, what is THAT bow doing in your hair?

The Mostess said...

That bow is totally hot and adorable--that's what it's doing in my hair. It's hair flair!

Plus, my beef is bows and headbands on BALD babies. Hair accessories belong on hair. Once they have hair, it's fine. Unless there's a gerber daisy involved.

Unknown said...

Thanks again for including me on a fun outing. Excellent recap, but you forgot to mention the best line from the movie. OK, we can wait and let the others hear it, straight from a certain someone's mouth!

I think I have serious whiplash from changing teams! They did an excellent job making both men likable and appealing....so hard to choose! Until the next scene, when you're certain which team you're on, only to be swayed by the next scene!

brooke said...

I was supposed to see this tomorrow but I gave up my ticket--I know--I should be shot. But I just couldn't find the will to care about this movie. From your recap, it does sound better than the first two. Maybe I'll rent it....

Kristine Gray said...

Oh, I get it. I thought you hated BIG BOWS in general.

Excellent hair accessories then.

Ashley said...

Aw come on, can't you put the party off a week? You've seen the movie! My excuse may be lame but I'm sticking to it. I love Kristine's attack on your bow.

Ashley said...

Just went back and studied the bow. I would call it more of a headpiece--very SATC!

Cassandra said...

talk about the UGLY!! My husband exclaimed "that looks like a cockroach!!" with his big booming shocked voice when the engagement ring was revealed on the big screen! lol- brought alot of laughter into our midnight showing...