Friday, July 10, 2009

Get on the Floor and do the New Kids Dance

Remember how I bragged that I couldn't lose?? Apparently, I can. I should never gamble big in Vegas for this very reason. Donnie cleverly evaded me yet again. I know I should just give up, but this just stoked the fire even more. As my friend Ashley stated, the quest continues. Stalking Donnie is a great hobby. Plus, I have 5 months left in the year. Not to mention the 2010 cruise.

I went with my friend Carolyn. You haven't heard of her, because she isn't a "friend-friend." Truth be told, we met on Craigslist last October when she sold me the set of tickets for the San Jose show. We emailed after the SJ show about how great it was, and then kept in touch. Now we're real friends, the kind who hang out and talk about The Kids. She was such a fun Blockhead!

What kind of Blockhead would I be without car paint??

We had to leave our clever signs in the car because they weren't allowed. I was annoyed at the time, but glad I didn't have a stupid sign blocking my view of The Kids.

LOOK HOW CLOSE WE WERE!!! Carolyn's awesome cousin hooked us up. I love that guy. We had section 2 (center stage) on the floor, in the aisle.


Jabba opened for the Kids again. They are weird and amazing.

I ran into my other NKOTB friend from the Fresno show. She did the 5 star meet and greet. She's a Joe girl, and she made this cute shirt in honor of his song Popsicle. Sweeter than candy, better than cake, yo. He slapped her butt. Lucky.



The other opening act was Jesse McCartney. If you have a tween, you know who this is. He was a talented little cutie.

Onto the main stage. The boys were looking fine. The new stage, set-list and crowd were KILLER. San Jose was special, but this was by far the best Kids concert. They had fireworks that were so hot because of how close we were!







Cutie JoeyMac hopped onto the piano while singing Posicle.








After the concert, we headed over to the Infusion Lounge for Donnie's after-party. The line was all the way around the block, and the club was very small. But we waited it out.

Inger and I doing our best 'DW' hand signs. Mine looked great, but Inger's 'W' needs some work.

This is me at the front of the line. YAY! We were going to get in!! The door is right there!! And then...

FAIL!!!!!!!!


They claimed they were at capacity, and turned us all away. Donnie slipped through my fingers yet again. I have to say, I have a little gem to tide me over until next time. I *did* make eye contact with Donnie twice. My seat was at the end of the aisle, and I spent the majority of the time in said aisle dancing, singing, and jumping around. D-Dub saw me and gave me a little smile. It's not a hug, but it will do. Until next time, Blockheads!

Kids--we love you!!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Nice! You must have gotten there around noon to get that picture of your floor seats with no other people in it. The great thing about not meeting Donnie yet is the tension is building for both of you. It will be explosive when you actually meet! (Sorry Lance.)

We have the same taste in clothes. First the Costco shorts and now the Loft cardi--mine is pink/maroon and I'm wearing it to church tomorrow.

Sara said...

They turned people away right when you got to the door? AWFUL.

Well, you can try to remember that those afterparties are huge clusterf***s and no one really "meets" him there anyway. You'll meet him in a better way.

brooke said...

Seeing the pictures of the concert actually makes me want to go. I bet they put on a really goo show. I loved your disappointed face in the last picture. I'm with Ashley, the tension is only going to make the actually meeting hotter. Maybe he will seek you out...

Stephanie said...

I love reading the saga of NKOTB...I'm sorry you missed Donny!

Ashley said...

P.S. You look tan!