Tuesday, July 28, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Eating

Back in our newlywed days, people would jokingly call us 'Nick and Jessica.' I was the curvy (yet chaste!) blond that can't sing, married to a hottie with spiky hair and a penchant for music.


This became less funny when they started fighting like crazy and got divorced. No one has mentioned it since. I sure hope my partying, ego, and dad don't drive us apart.


Ego and divorce aside, I have a body like Jessica--most of the time, this is a good thing. Lately, however, it's been a bad thing--for both of us. Even Tony Romo knows what's up. I miss when my Jess-like body looked more like this:

And less like this:


((Shudder))

I want to be Daisy Dukes Jess, not Unfortunate Chili Cookout Jess. As you all know, I can trick myself into working out if music is involved. I spent hours putting together my cardio mix, and several people have asked for it. So--here you go. It has a lot of techno and 80's. Make sure you get the 'edited' or 'radio edit' version if noted.

The Mostess Does Cardio:

Addicted to Love-Robert Palmer
Always on my Mind-Pet Shp Boys
And She Was-Talking Heads
Bad Reputation-Joan Jett
Blue Monday-New order
Cha-Cha Slide-Mr. C
The Choice is yours-Black Sheep
Close to Me-Cure--make sure you get the fast version, not the slow melodic one.
Dancing in the Dark-Springsteen
Dead Man's Party-Oingo Boingo
Devil Inside-Utada
Der Kommissar-After the Fire
Do You Love Me-The Countours (Dirty Dancing)
Down on the Corner-CCR
Drop it Like It's Hot-Snoop Dogg--EDITED
Electric Avenue-Eddy Grant
Enjoy the Silence-DM
Anything by Prince
Anything by Madoona
Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
Faster Kill Pussycat--Paul Oakenfold
Feels Good-Tony, Toni, Tone
Fly-Sugar Ray
Footloose-Kenny Loggins
The Funk Phenomena-Armand Van Helden
Gimme More-Britney Spears--EDITED
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper
Girls on Film-Duran Duran
Glory Days-Springsteen
Gold Digger-Kanye--EDITED
Gotta Get through This-Daniel Bedingfield
Groove is in the Heart-Dee-Lite
NKOTB-Hangin' Tough, Dirty Dancing, Twisted, One Song, the Right Stuff, 2 in the Morning, Summertime, Click-Click-Click, Cover Girl, Tonight
Heat of the Moment-Asia
Hip Hop Hooray-Naughty By Nature-EDITED
An Honest Mistake-The Bravery
Hot n Cold-Katy Perry-EDITED
Humpty Dance--Digital Underground--trash-tastic, but I love it. EDITED.
Hungry like the Wolf-Duran Duran
Hypnotize-Notorious BIG-EDITED
I'm Still Standing-Elton John
I Can't go for that-Hall and Oats
I Don't Wanna Go on with you like That-Elton John
I got a Man-Positive K
I Hate Myself for Loving You, I love Rock n Roll-Joan Jett
I Like the Way-Bodyrockers-EDITED
I Ran-Flock of Seagulls
Ice Ice Baby-Vanilla
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me-Billy Joel
It Takes Two-Rob Base/DJ Easy Rock
Jessie's Girl-Rick Springfield
Join in the Chant-Nitzer Ebb
Just Dance/Poker Face-Lady Gaga-EDITED
Let Me Think About It-Ida Corr vs. Fedde le Grande
Lips Like Sugar-Echo and the Bunnymen
Anything by Erasure--a few faves--A Little Respect, Oh l"Amour, Take a Chance on Me--anything off of Pop! 20 album
Livin on a Prayer-Bon Jovi
The Longest Time-Billy Joel
Love My Way-Psychedelic Furs
Love Will Tear us Apart-Joy Division
Low feat. T Pain-Flo Rida-EDITED
Mama Said Knock You Out-LL Cool J
Mirror in the Bathroom-English Beat
Money for Nothing-Dire Straits ( I want my MTV!!)
Mony Mony-Billy Idol
More than a Feeling-Boston
My Best Friend's Girl-Cars
My Life-Billy Joel
Now that We Found Loe-Heavy D and the Boyz
OPP-Naughty By Nature-EDITED
Ooh Wee-Mark Ronson/Ghostface Killah
Personal Jesus-DM
Proper Education-Eric Prydz vs. Floyd
Push It-Salt n Pepa
Put Your Hands Up-Fedde Le Grand
Ready, Steady Go-Paul Oakenfold
Rehab-Amy Winehouse
Relax-Mika
Rock you Like a Hurricane-Scorpions
Roll it Up-Crystal Method
Rush-Big Audio Dynamite
Save it for Later-English Beat
September-Earth Wind and Fire
Shiny Disco Balls-The Dj's of Euro Trance
Simply Irresistable-Robert Palmer
Smack That-Akon
Solar Twins-Rock the Casbah-from Brokedown Palace
Starry Eyed Surprise-Paul Oakenfold
Stop Me-Mark Ronson
Stronger-Kanye-EDITED
Summer of 69-Bryan Adams
Suppermassive Black Hole-Muse (Hi Eddie!)
Take me Home Tonight-Eddie Money
Tenderness-General Public
To Get Down-Timo Maas
Toxic-Britney Spears
Mickey-Toni Basil
Break Up Song-Greg Kihn Band
Bye, Bye, Bye-NSync
Rump Shaker-Wreckx-n-effect
Ditty-Paperboy
Zombie Nation-Kernkraft
No Diggity-Blackstreet
Born Slippy-Underworld
Tricky-Run DMC
Umbrella-Rihanna
Uptown Girl-Bill Joel
Vivrant Thing-A Tribe Called Quest---EDITED
Walk this Way-Run DMC
The Warrior-Patty Smyth
The Way I Are-Timbaland-EDITED
Welcome to the Jungle-GNR
Wehere's Your Head At--Basement Jaxx
Whip It-Divo
White Lines-Grandmaster Flash
Wild Thing-Ton Loc
Womanizer-Briney Spears
You're the One that I Want Megamix--Grease Soundtrack
867-5309/Jenny-Tommy Tutone
Day and Night-mix feat. Kid Cuddy-Cardio Workout Crew Album
Boom Boom Pow-Black Eyed Peas-EDITED
Anything by Fergie/Black Eyed Peas-EDITED

What are some of your fave workout songs??

5 comments:

brooke said...

This post had me laughing out loud and I'm sending Sam over to read it because he will think it's so funny too. He's always had a thing for Jessica so I was so smug when whe got chubby.

I never realized they have such a resemblence to you and Lance. You are definately the skinny Jessica though. Now that both Nick and Jessica are single again, US is reporting they might get back together. I would love it. I was so sad when they got divorced.

As for the mix--you have great taste in music. Sam and I love Springsteen. We used student loan money in law school to travel to Phoenix to see him live.

I had to laugh at the Humpty dance and 867-5309. Love it. These are all great dance songs which makes them great running songs. I have everything from hard core rap to soft country on my ipod when I run. It's all good.

Ashley said...

You ARE Nick and Jess! Why didn't I see it before? And yes, Daisy Duke Jess not chili cook-off Jess.

That list of songs is spectacular. I will have to spend some time (and cash) updating my workout playlist.

I wish this was all on a cassette tape and you could just copy it for me.

Angela said...

This is really funny- You always make me laugh!

Heather said...

K - Shocking.. I know, but I don't have most of those songs.. Are you going to burn a few CDs and send them to your musically challenged friend? ;) Please, pretty please!

Alie said...

Yes! Can I have a copy of a CD that you put together???