Thursday, July 16, 2009

Backstreets Back Allright!!


Backstreet Boys are back, and you can thank Oprah!

"If it wasn’t for their appearance on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’, the BSB might not have gotten back together. But on a show focusing on McLean’s battles with substance abuse, Winfrey coaxed his bandmates to surprise him on air. After the emotional reunion, the group holed up in a hotel room and talked about a comeback. “There was probably even some doubt among us when we first started talking about it,” Howie Dorough tells The Associated Press. “But I think no matter what we did individually… we all realized our strength was among the five of us together.”

They're planning a comeback album, tour, blah-blah-blah. Really? Does anyone care? Is there anything more lame than a has-been group of old losers being screamed at by housewives now in their 30's? Really people...time to move on and get a life.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

For shizzle! ;)

But really, who needs a life?

Hayley said...

ummm...yes, it would be VERY strange for a group of housewives in their 30's to swoon over a has-been group, such as the BSB...or any other acronymed boy band from years ago for that matter.
i'm just saying...

Lindsey said...

i find this post quite amusing coming from one who is in love or shall i say obsessed with the ultimate has-been boy band!

with that said, i was once able to run my fingers through each of the BSB hair from my front row seats (that i snuck up to) as they ran off stage...it was a moment!

brooke said...

You really don't want the deets on my Gymboree rumble. It involved me trying to do a return and the salesclerk calling me dishonest 4 different times in front of my kids. I've already spoken with three different people at Corporate. I'm a crazy person when I get wronged by retail.

When is your New Moon party? I'm trying to plan a trip to Ashley's. Even if I can't make the party, we need to do lunch or something while I'm there. I feel like we already know each other!