Friday, May 23, 2008

My Seinfeldian Post Office


I swung by the post office the other day with a simple plan in mind. Grab stamps from the machine and send off my birthday thank-you notes.


I get there, and one machine is out of service. Bummer.


I go to the other machine. Also out of service. Bummer. And, really, both machines??


I look at that little automated postage center, and see Mr. Ebay with 3 large baskets of packages that need to be weighed and stamped one by one by one by...you get the idea. He was so serious about his work he had a glove on his left hand. I'm not sure what purpose this served....but I knew he meant business.


I look at the long, 15 person line to get stamps.


I look around for Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer.


I leave the Post Office with jack squat.


Argh.

No comments: