Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indy



I grew up on Indiana Jones. I loved the little roller-coaster ride in the old mine, the live heart removal, the ginormous boulder, the hot-chick-gone-bad-but-only-after-she-got-hot-with-Indy. So, I was very excited to go see the new flick. We cajoled our friends, The Fosters, into going on opening night. I was a little let down, to be honest. Here's why:


1. Aliens. Really?? Aliens? I'm open to believing in old, ancient curses, but they're usually of the Jesus or Incan variety. However--I'm not really down with the big-headed extraterrestrials in this flick.


2. Where's the hot chick? The good girl gone bad? The naughty Nazi? All this movie served up with an old, not-so-hot chick in mom jeans and a dowdy vest. Plus, her hair was a hot mess. Bleh.

3. The never ending cat and mouse game with the skull. Maybe you wouldn't have lost it so many times if you hadn't given custody to the weirdo in the trance-like state. Just a thought.


4.. This isn't really a complaint, per se. But did anyone else think Shia looked pretty hot in that scene where he rolls in through the fog on his bike? Just asking. He's legal, btw.


Overall, I would give it a B-. Which sucks, because I *so* wanted to give it an A.

2 comments:

Life's a Dance said...

Hey - I am reading your blog - and I love it. You have, as always, a great way with words. And yes, I too was expecting more out of Indy. Please Hollywood, stop letting Lucas write screenplays!

The Mostess said...

I know-Lucas, enough of you!

And, yay, you are my 1st non-friend reader. I will check out your blog as well...