Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hap Birthday Me


My family has a great story. When my now-nice-but-formerly-evil-sis and I were toddlers, and a birthday would roll around (verified by presents and a cake) evil-sis would get all wide-eyed and excited and shout "Hap birthday me???" When my parent let evil-sis know it was my birthday, and not hers (which by the way was a mere 8 days prior...somebody sure doesn't know the meaning of a year) she would begrudgingly reply "oh...fine..hap birthday Kaawi" with a big frown, and likely a tantrum.



So...Hap Birthday Me. And *not* Eriika. HA!!!



I started out the day by rolling out of bed around 11. Nice.



Rolled to Stacks in glorified pajamas, where I ordered my usual eggs benedict.



Lance and I came home, got ready, and went to San Francisco. We did some shopping, and had an amazing dinner.












Lance bought me 2 bangles--one green, one yellow:





For dinner, we decided on Cafe Maritime in San Francisco. I ordered a whole dungeness crab, and chowed it down in no time. It was killer.



Birthday girl and her fabulously hot husbie:



The next day, we had close friends over for a low-key get-together. Inspired by our recent trip to Mexico, I whipped up some key-lime cheesecakes, served up with some frothy pina coladas:


Our friend's kids seem to think Dobbie is an exhibit at the Jacobs Zoo. One was so excited he stood on his head:











All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. I got a new ipod as my main gift from husbie, which was just in the knick of time. My ipod had recently decided to play favorites, and would only play music from The Beastie Boys, Barry White, Jock Jams, Green Day and one, lone Depeche Mode album. Boo. I am excited to crack in my new baby.

No comments: