Monday, May 19, 2008

Goodies

Lancer and I enjoyed a fabulous Anniversary week. We dined at Le Papillon. Husbie did a great job choosing an amazing restaurant. It was also close to our little abode. It reminded us of our amazing trip to France last year. Sigh...

We both ordered the lobster bisque and then shared a baby greens/blue cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Husbie got the pheasant, and I got the beef tenderloin. We finished up with a Grand Marnier dish and cream brulee, respectively. Delish.

Back to the house to exchange gifts. I gave him some funny and playful gifts...but the best gift of all was the labor of love known as...TECHNICOLOR 14 LAYER JELLO SALAD. Since planning, and pulling off, Husbie's 40th bday, I have gotten *really* good at lying and sneaking around. I managed to whip up the Jello delight for him, one layer at a time...and he was in the house the whole time. I'm amazing.




I got a Tom-Tom, which will hopefully help me not get lost-lost and feel lame-lame:



Then I got a vintage marshmallow tin. It looks fab in our retro-ish kitchen:


Then I got the gift of all gifts....a fabulous vintage 1920's right-hand ring. It's platinum and diamonds, and looks great with my wedding ring. Nice choice again husbie! Smooch..here's to many more fabulous years!




No comments: