Saturday, May 24, 2008

Better Late Than Never


Husbie and I went to France for 2 weeks about a year ago. On a reccomendation, we checked out Jacques Cagna. We decided that this would be our huge French food blowout, and we gave ourselves an unlimited budget. I sprung for the following: "Langoustines de l'Atlantique en croustillant, salade, purée d'avocat, chips d'artichaut, sauce au pamplemousse". This allegedly means "Crisp Dublin Bay prawns, salad, avocado purée, artichoke chips, grapefruit sauce". It was pure heaven. It was almost 50 euros, just for this one appetizer, and I would have paid double.


When I returned home, I was trying to figure out how to get my hands on the recipe. I wrote to Bon Appetit, because they have an "RSVP" section where you can write in and ask for your favorite recipes from amazing restaurants from around the world. I never heard back from them, but always checked my copy to see if my recipe had been chosen. Sadly, it had not.


Yesterday, I received a letter from Bon Appetit. It thanked me for requesting the recipe, and noted that it may or may not be included in a future RSVP section. However--Jacques Cagna was kind enough to forward the recipe to them, and in turn, they forwarded on a copy to me. I about died. I don't know who I am more impressed with-Jacques Cagna for sharing their secrets, or Bon Appetit for passing said secrets along to me. At this time, I will be grateful to both of them, and look forward to making, sharing, and savoring this amazing French dish. Once I translate it to English, of course.


If you ever make it to Paris, please do yourself a favor and stop in:

Jacques Cagna, located in the district of Saint Germain des Près near the Sein
14 rue des grands Augustins 75006 Paris
Tél. 01 43 26 49 39 Fax. 01 43 54 54 48

4 comments:

Life's a Dance said...

Ok -that is seriously cool! You will have to let us know if your version of it matches what you had in Paris - oh la la! :)

The Mostess said...

I will! :)

clooneymom said...

I did the same thing after my trip to Hawaii and the most wonderful lobster bisque - I never heard back from Bon Appetit and that was like 8 years ago - wah

The Mostess said...

Haha..my dish will be mine, and your dish...not so much!

Don't give up--they may write anyday now...