Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bridge & Tunnel

We arrived!

Did I mention we weren't able to stay in Manhattan? Apparently, a fridge and a microwave is unheard of there. So...we got chucked over to Jersey City where the mini-kitchens are plentiful. Blast! This is obviously payback for making fun of the Kearls all these years. In all fairness, JC is great! It has a ton of little restaurants all over, and it's a 10 second walk to the PATH station that takes you over to the city in 10 minutes flat. Close enough.

Lancer put B on the luggage cart, and wheeled her around haphazardly. You can tell she's been raised on amusement parks. She immediately sat down, held on, and braced herself for a fun time.

Whee!


Don't you just love the orange-y/yellowish hue on all my photos? Have I mentioned that I have the WORST phone ever? And that Sprint basically told me to jump off a bridge, and that they could care less? At least it made me tan in the top picture.

I'm excited to take on the city tomorrow. Unfortunately, we were greeted by rain. My fun NYC friend Lane pointed out that NYC is known for a lot of things, and weather ain't one of them. No worries--I'm not made of salt! Though, if you know me well, that last statement is totally questionable. At the very least, you know I'm not made of sugar.

Umbrellas up! NYC (er, Jersey) here we come!

2 comments:

brooke said...

You do have a shizzy phone..I am sorry! So glad you made it to the big apple, er jersey. I can't wait to see more pics.,

Ashley said...

I love that you are popping the umbrellas and hitting it. We went berry picking and to GG today--I really missed you! Have fun and then hurry home.