Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mini Has Arrived!


Oh, baby baby! Our long awaited bundle 'o' joy has arrived, and we are in love-love love!

Miss Blakely Jeanne Jacobs arrived on September 27th at 4:39 PM. She weighed in at a hefty, er, healthy 8 lbs 2 oz, and was 19 inches long. All is well with the two of us.

Jeanne was my Grandmother's name, and it's also my sister Eriika's middle name. We're keeping it in the family.

Here is her first week in review. Captions are short--it's late, and I have a lot of territory to cover. Enjoy!

Last pics of the belly before we go in. It seemed like a fine day to have a baby!



Arrived at the hospital--glad I wouldn't be sent home with no baby...for the third time.


The big day!

Getting prepped and pumped full of more fluids--totally helped with the cankles. Not.

Papa getting scrubbed in for the big moment!

Drinking the worst tasting crap on the face of this earth. Loving this totally candid action shot.

One last picture with just the 2 of us!

Spinal done, oxygen on, drugs in, waiting for the action behind the curtain.

And here she is! Lancer was on my side of the curtain, and when we heard her scream for the first time, we just looked at each other with huge smiles of surprise. Hearing that scream was such a relief in so many ways.


The 3 of us, at the end of one long journey, and at the beginning of another


Minutes old Blakely

Going for a walk with Papa

Getting in some more family time

Snuggin with Mama

Smiling--and, NO, it was not gas. She totally smiled at me.

More Mamma Snuggin


I could just stare at this little face all day long

B doing her best baby burrito impression

All dressed up in her going home outfit. I picked out this set in honor of Eriika, Blakely's namesake. Before I was born my parents asked her if she wanted a brother or sister, and she was adamant that she wanted a duck. She was totally disappointed that I was a human sister. This one's for you, Sis. Love you.

Finally leaving the hospital! I barely left the room in 4 long days. The weather was perfect--sunny and breezy.

Got a visit from Auntie Sharla

...and Auntie Jo-Jo-who brought me Google food. Tasty.

Hanging out in the bouncer

Got a visit from 2 very happy and excited Grandparents--Dave and Bon-Bon

Got some quality time in with Pops

Add Image
And, last but not least, got her first bath--mainly so I could doll her up in this adorable hooded towel.
Welcome to our family, Blakely. We are so excited that you're here, and already love and adore you more than you will ever know.

PS...we think you are gorgeous!

PSS...where did you get that dark brown hair?

PSS....glad you are a good sleeper so far. Let's just work on the eating bit.

14 comments:

candace said...

she makes such a cute baby burrito!

i love all the pictures...she looks absolutey perfect!

Unknown said...

I'm so honored to be Blakely's Auntie. She is so adorable.

Ashley said...

She is so, so cute and perfectly adorable! But I'd have to say the cutest thing ever is you and Lance as doting parents. I've never seen two people so smitten. I love it!

Stephanie said...

Blakely is one very beautiful baby. I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I'm so happy for you guys!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Yay!!!! Congrats bestie! She is beautiful!

Kara said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the rundown. I'm glad that everything went smoothly and that Blakely arrived safely (rhyming not intended, but it still added a little something special).

Rachelle said...

She's soooo gorgeous...almost makes me want to try for a girl. Congrats you guys!

Jenni said...

Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

She really is adorable. Congrats! We are so happy for you guys!

katy said...

This post makes me so happy! She is adorable and you all make a beautiful family. Congratulations and lots of love!!!

The Gilberts said...

Can't wait to meet her in person. We're bringing dinner so it will be soon :)

brooke said...

I thought you were going to make me wait forever for this post!

She is absolutely perfect and beautiful in every way. That little face on your header photo!!!

I love all the pictures and found myself smiling at how cute she is as I was reading.

She totally looks older than she is--no swelling, no cone head--she is perfect!

Lance said...

Nice post! What an adventure. You looked hot the entire time!

Toria said...

congratulations! loved the run down- she is gorgeous and so lucky to have you and Lance as mom and dad- whoa! Enjoy- relax- take lots of pics and post them.