Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday Night Fever

I had the greatest Saturday night around! I went out with the girls, ate a delicious meal, and danced all night long with my flattering top, flat abs and skinny jeans until the club kicked us out at 2 am. It was fabulous!

Just kidding. I spent it fending off contractions, in a hospital with an unflattering top, a huge belly, in nowhere near skinny jeans. My contractions kicked up a notch at 12:30 am, and I finally went into the hospital at 1:30. By the time I got there, my contractions were exactly 3 minutes apart, which was kind of cool to see on the screen. This is all new to me, you know.

I wasn't really this happy

It turns out I was having "real" contractions, but "false" labor. I take offense to the term "false labor," BTW. Nothing false about that business, Doogie.

I was sprung at 4 am with some heavy duty meds to cut the "fake" contractions, and a medication to help me sleep. It was nice, even if they forced me to down it with TWO cran-raspberry juice boxes. I was about to tell the nurse I don't do mixed fruits, but I was afraid she would take my drugs away, so I clammed up and hit the boxes while making faces at Lancer.

I have a strict anti-mixing policy. Fruits should stand alone.
This morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I think I actually grunted when my cankles hit the ground. I feel like I'm 500 pounds and 100 years old. Time for Mini to vacate!

My last appt is tomorrow, so we may have an update by tomorrow afternoon. I will keep everyone posted! I'm sure you're all waiting on the edges of your seats.

6 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

You are in the home stretch and I'm also willing to compromise my standards for good drugs. Keep us updated!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Yay!! She'll be here soon!

brooke said...

I am on the edge of my seat!! My advice: Take whatever drugs they will give you whenever they are offered! Let go of all dignity and privacy and enjoy the ride!

candace said...

crazy! can't wait for the update!

Elizabeth said...

Im with Brooke... enjoy it all! and good luck.
I cracked up at the mixing of juices... I have a similar story when I was given two horse size panadols after the birth of my first babe... I was about to complain about the size and brand of the drug...until sanity kicked in ;-)

Alie said...

AH! So excited for the real deal- as I'm sure you are :) Can't wait!