Friday, October 29, 2010

The Great Closet Overhaul

A few weeks ago, Lance got so annoyed with his lack of closet and drawer space that he loaded up all of his "excess" clothes into bags and stashed them in the garage. This is the direct result of my nesting--for the first time ever, all of the clothes in the house were washed and ready to be put away.

The ghetto stash

I found this puzzling, and asked him if ALL of the space was being utilized, and he assured me it was. Since he's been in Germany all week, I decided to take a peek and see if he was telling the truth, or spinning an old-fashioned web of lies. It was the latter.

Upon opening his closet, I saw this wide open dead space at the end.


A closer inspection revealed this little gem--a Land of the Lost plastic coin bank from his childhood. I gambled and decided that this baby could find a much better home in a much better place. Space around here is a hot commodity!


I decided to take control while he was gone, and surprise him with a new and improved clothing system. After 9 years together, I found a few gems along the way. Such as:

He's a closet Oakland A's fan. Who knew?


Cables and cords mixed in with your clothing=Genius!

And, last but certainly not least, the fact that babies really can go in drawers. And they like it!

I decided to ignore his bag 'o' socks--this woman has limits on what she will do for her man. Sweaty footwear is not included in this package deal.

Sorry, baby. No can do!

And here is the end result! I got a hanging 6-shelf unit for the previously unoccupied space in the closet. It now houses all of his shirts and t-shirts. I had no idea Lancer had such a nice wardrobe. I stole 2 shirts and plan on re-giving them to him for Christmas, since I'm 100% positive they went into the dresser abyss 2 years ago, and never saw the light of day.




I was kind of hoping I would find the oft-alluded to "missing" argyle sweaters, but those babies were nowhere to be found. Maybe the iPod thief loves argyle, too.

Allright, baby! Looking forward to seeing what you think about the new system. I love ya!

1 comment:

Kristine Gray said...

You are such a good wife! It's amazing what men will stash away. I bet that Land of the Lost head would fetch a good price from some geek on ebay. Lance and I are probably the only ones reading this who remember Land of the Lost.