Friday, July 2, 2010

There Goes the Neighborhood

Our neighbor two doors down moved out a few weeks ago, and we were anxious to see who was moving in next. I was hoping an early 30-something with her first baby on the way so we could do stroller hikes and spend copious amounts of time debating the Ergo vs. Bjorn.

BTW-did you know that with the Ergo, you can carry a four year old on your back? PSH. Like that's a bonus for me. If you're four, your freaking hoofing it to our various destinations, sucka.

In any case, I drove up as our new neighbor was unpacking the U-Haul, and look at what I found parked in front of the house:


Please, for the love of all things holy, just be some weirdo Dungeons and Dragons/World of Warcraft cousin visiting to help with the move.

I think Lancer summed it up best: "I cannot even imagine the fool that would drive something like that." Amen to that, baby.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure Lance didn't say ""I pitty the fool that would drive something like that?"

brooke said...

hahaha. I make my two year old hoof it everywhere so I'm with you on the four year old. However, having had very fat babies, I think the Ergo would have been the way to go. Too late now. I have two Bjorns and I'm not buying anything new.

I'm sorry about your new neighbors with the raper van. My brand new neighbors just pulled up all their grass and we all assumed they were redoing the yard with something nicer. uh no. They are xeroscaping the thing--we don't live in Arizona people! They will be the only ones in the valley with that! Ugh.

Kristine Gray said...

You really get all the "winners" when it comes to neighbors.

Angela said...

Oh boy- it doesn't look good for you guys! Yikes

Ashley said...

That thing is amazing. I was first compelled to start a blog when my neighbors pulled up a humonougous rv and parked it in the street in front of our duplex, halfway blocking my driveway. Don't give up hope though--maybe the driver of that thing is cute young mom, maybe even a blockhead! Think how many kids you could take to gilroy in that beast!