Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why We Will be Attending a Baby Care Class

Lance has some strange ideas when it comes to Mini.

For instance--I was explaining to him about this baby bath bucket from Europe--it saves times and space.



He thinks the idea is great, but wants to sub in the Home Depot bucket instead.



In his defense, it is cheaper, and the idea is pretty much the same.

I also told him that a well padded dresser drawer could come in handy if you need a crib in a pinch. (Not my underwear drawer, BTW. Who the crap folds their socks and skivvies? Plus, I think I see some nude hose in there. Shudder.)


His response? "Sweet! Then you can just push the drawer in when the baby cries!"

No..babies don't go in dressers. In his defense (again) Kramer did it on Seinfeld, and the results were hi-larious.


Actually, most of what he's been saying makes sense now that I see it typed out. I think Mini will be a-ok. Plus, that baby care class sounds boring as all get-out.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

oh i am anxiously awaiting to hear lancer's ideas once mini is actually here. one would think that after seeing the sweet innocent babe, all weird theories will vanish...NOT TRUE. he & tat SHOULD NOT swap ideas.
ps- the pharris' gave us the most hilarious book about what's acceptable & not for caring for a child. i think we need to get lance a copy.

LJ, DC and ML said...

hahahaha, that bucket totally scares me. Hurray for babies and crazy baby daddies. Love them both!

Ashley said...

Are you talking about the Seinfeld with the Japanese businessmen? Love it. I agree with LJ that that bucket is creepy. Save space with the Puj Tub! (I just ordered it so I'll let you know it it's good or not.) Bank the time and money for the baby care class and get a prenatal massage instead! (Not that you need any convincing!)

brooke said...

You totally don't need a class--however in all seriousness, I do recommend taking a breastfeeding class. Throwing a baby on the tap isn't as straighforward as it sounds.

If you think the home depot bucket is bad, you should see how I bathe Buster. I simply hold him under the running water in my kitchen sink. I call it a Mexi-shower. I'm THAT lazy. It's gone way downhill since my first whom I lovingly bathed in an infant tub.

Kristine Gray said...

Lance might have something there with that bucket. Give a french sounding name and marketing plan and it might pay for Mini's college.

Skip the baby care class, do birth and breastfeeding instead.

I used a fold-up mesh seat that would sit in the sink and then use the hose and sprayer to wash the kids down.