Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Not Meant for Camping


I should just accept this fact and stop trying.

Two years ago, we had this little debacle where I brought a camping chair instead of the tent. No harm, no foul. We slept on our comfy inflatable mattress under the stars.

Last night, I wasn't going to be a fool again. Lance and I both double-checked that we had the tent before hitting the road. We made it up to Lehi and began setting up camp. As we pulled the tent out, we realized we had everything...but the tent rods. No worries! I pride myself on being a 'roll with the punches' kind of gal, so we set up shop on an outdoor stage. Problem solved.


Until, of course, the campsite was taken over by a band of wild foxes.

Seriously--3-4 brazen foxes, undeterred by people and fire. Suddenly sleeping under the stars without the protection of a tent seemed like a bad idea, and I can only imagine Dobbie barking at them all night long. Plan B. We packed up, and headed back home.

I give up. At least my hobo dinner was tasty.

5 comments:

brooke said...

Girl, What are you doing camping pregnant with a bum leg? I'm convinced you lost your mind.

I consider camping when I have to stay at the Marriott Fairfield instead of the Marriott suites.

I'm glad you were smart enough to head home and not get eaten by wolves.

BTW, Once mini comes along you can just send her with Lancer on the Fathers and kids campout and you go shopping and to get a pedicure. Win win.

Becky said...

he he - that is too funny! I am not convinced that a tent would provide that much protection anyhow... unless it is out of sight out of mouth? glad that it turned out ok!

Hayley said...

dinner was good.
foxes were a bit scary, but harmless in the end.
glad you at least came for the evening.
but more importantly, who is your chinese friend?

Lance said...

You are a true trooper! Too bad the wild life done got us!

Ashley said...

I was going to write the exact same thing as Brooke, why on earth are you trying to camp at a time like this! By the way, I read all these posts ages ago I've just been too lazy and beat down to comment on time.