Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back From the Land of Cheese Curds

Yes!! I managed to make my 2nd flight. I will leave out the part where I tried to leave without my rolling suitcase, and then threw my boarding pass in the trash. Seriously--what is wrong with me??

The Heartland
was good times, as usual. I love seeing cheese curds on **every** menu, especially deep-fried ones. I'm not knocking it--I would love to partake, I just can't. I should also note I ordered fries at a diner, and they came battered. Battered fries!! I had no idea fries could get more unhealthy than they already were. Turns out they can.

I did, however, squeeze in a few rootbeer floats from the local A & W stand. Heavenly.

My other big coup was this highly convenient walker/chair combo. My booty/bum leg graced this seat more than I care to admit. My sister dared me to fly down the driveway in it backwards, which I did *not* do. Unless you saw me do it, but I highly doubt you were there. So, it didn't happen.

Hi, Mom! Didn't happen!

On to the shower. Since everyone knows how much I love babies with headbands, especially with large flowers, my family thought it would be hilarious to force me to wear one. When I looked around the room, I was horrified--they all had them on. Worst. Nightmare. Ever. Good one, fan-damily!

The obligatory belly shots--10 weeks from due date!


They started the shower with cute little guessing games--my birthweight, my middle name, how big my belly measured. I like my Aunt Heidi's note of caution.

Then came the tasty food, complete with a tasty spread, bright green and pink cookies, and delicious handmade gluten-free eclairs handcrafted by Heidi. It was all so cute and delicious!



Time for presents!


Mini got the cutest swag around. Cute coats, jumpers, robes, towels--you name it. I am a very lucky and blessed Mom-to-be!


My mom and sister did this very cute clothesline deal where I pulled one end out a hamper, and then the line was passed around the room. As it passed me, I got to see all of the goodies hanging on it--shoes, hats, jackets. It was all so adorable.

One of the highlights is the "Lil Finn" shirt to honor my Finish heritage. I had planned on doing so by doubling all of my vowels (Kaari and Eriika, anyone??), mumbling a lot, and eating brats-- but this is probably better. I also got this from Eriika to honor the GREATEST MOVIE EVER.


While home, we went through a box of old videotapes I need to have transferred onto DVD. I promise to post them. I know you're dying to see our choreographed routine to Kris-Kross. It will make you want to jump-jump!!


I also found the tape with my foray into child modeling in a runway show. Cindy Crawford I was not. Stiff, unnatural, and not particularly attractive I was. It's good stuff.

Thanks to everyone who helped organize my shower, and a special thanks to everyone who traveled to be there for my big day. I can hardly wait for you to meet Mini! Now gimme some cheese curds.

4 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

I think you invented a new sport with that walker thingy.
Cute swag and hair flowers! Battered fries? really?

brooke said...

I love the onesie from your sister--seriously one of the best quotes of all time. I wish I had that for Sammie when she was a baby.

I also think the clothesline idea is really cute. Props to your mom and sis.

I still think the right headband/bow combo can be so cute. Don't think I haven't tried all of Sammie's old bows on Buster and dreamed of him being a girl. I'm saving them for Ashley's fourth child--Heaven help us if it's another boy.

I'm sorry about your leg. I know it has been bad for awhile but I didn't realize you had given up all dignity and gone to the rolling chair. You are one step away from the jazzy. Sam started talking about another trip to Dland and I told him I'm getting a jazzy no matter what--pregnant or not!

I love that you took that little white dog with you to A&W.

Cute purple top at the shower. Okay, I'm going to bed. I could comment on this post all night.

Jen Mo said...

I believe THIS was the picture you were looking for!!

http://jenmosinski.blogspot.com/2008/06/for-brenda.html

Andrea T. said...

Yeah, I about busted a gut on the "mumbling a lot" line. Don't forget to roll up your dollar bills as tight as possible!