Monday, March 22, 2010

I Do Not Have Bieber Fever

My adorable and wise niece Brookie called and started out her message with "Hi my favorite aunt, who is so cute, and funny, and nice, and generous..."

That's Lil' Brookie on the left at my wedding


She wanted to come out for her spring break with her best friend, Katrina--roadtrip! We agreed to let them crash in our tiny cracker box, and had a very fun week with these two crazy ladies.

Upon arriving, they told me all about their freeway flirting, getting caught by hot boys as they were singing into water bottles driving down the freeway, and introduced me to annoying boy sensation Justin Bieber. Thanks for everything but the Bieber part.


On Wednesday, we had the most amazing SF weather. We started out picking up the ever-lovely Jo-Jo, and spending the next few hours on the Haight. The ladies are really into 60's and 70's fashion, and they had so much fun checking out the vintage stores. They can also freakishly long amounts of time without eating--like weird little food camels. Jo-Jo and I started getting tired and headachy, so we forced them to finally eat lunch. Weirdos.

After the Haight, we drove over the Golden Gate bridge, got some amazing pictures at the lookout point.





After that, we hit the Exploratorium, and then ended up at Pier 39 for a ride on the famous carousel. It was quite a day. We talked the girls into trying several new foods, including clam chowder in a bread bowl--right before they flipped the bowl over and shamed themselves.

Thanks, Ladies, for reminding me why I would never go back to being 19 again, even if you get freeway flirting and church dances. Oh, how I miss church dances.

On Saturday night, my crazy friend Brigitte threw a New Moon party in a hotel. It was full of good food, shirtless wolves, and pasty vamps. And lots of fun ladies watching New Moon. It's enough to make you switch teams for a few minutes.

I like my dreamy face in this picture

And, of course, the night wouldn't be complete without Eddie--always good of him to stop by and watch over us

See you all on June 30th!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Any girl named Brookie can't be too bad. Sounds like she knows how to butter you up.

I love clam chowder in a bread bowl.

Hayley said...

ummm...church dances. i'd go back to 19, but only for one night to hit up a ysa dance with you & to cruise college campuses for young hotties. (wink, wink)

Lance said...

I love the dreamy Olan Mills double fister. Too bad I was out working during your SF visit with the girls.