Monday, March 29, 2010

Lance is Neither a Gentleman Nor a Scholar


But mostly he's just not a gentleman. Please see an detailed outline of his egregious behavior.

Here's a conversation from the other night:

Me: Hey, Babe, can you please put my ice-cream away?

Lancer: Sure, I'll put it away.

This is a good example of a gentleman and a scholar.

The next night, after what I promise was a nutritious meal (doubtful) I went to go dig into the freezer for my frosty delight. What I pulled out was a 99% empty carton.

Me: What the crap?? Did you eat all of my ice-cream?? I asked you to put it away last night!!!

Lancer: I did put it away. I put it all away in my belly.

I see three things wrong with this situation.

One--he ate my freaking ice-cream!

Two--he put back what amounts to an empty carton

Three--he tried to get away with it by being clever.

Mega-lame. I bought two pints tonight, and quickly tried to figure out a way to hide the goods from Mr. Piggy McRudey. Then it hit me! I could hide it in a butter container, because, as we all know now, he cannot find the freaking butter to save his life. Problem solved.

PS--If you see this face, hide your ice-cream. He cannot be trusted.

7 comments:

Hayley said...

He still wins. Why can't you accept that? However, putting a 99% carton back is bad form.

Kristine Gray said...

Sounds like Lancer the Romancer is in the doghouse.

Ashley said...

I am having a hard time with this one because usually the roles are reversed at our house. Be a peach and buy the man his own pint of ice-cream!

Becky said...

Hm - if you store the butter container in the freezer I totally get why Lance can never find it :)

Stephanie said...

HAHA I hate empty cartons in the freezer, and even worse, when someone eats my treats.

brooke said...

The thing that is the most offensive about this is not that he ate your ice-cream--it's that he put the empty carton back.

Then you had those three seconds of anticipation as you pulled it out only to find it empty. Sam is all about putting empty containers back in the fridge/pantry, etc.

Lance said...

I can tell you have been spending more time with Travis because of your, uhm, 'embellishments' There was a good 30% left in that there little bucket. Listen to your friends; I still win. Don't be a hater, just pick up some more ice cream baby!