Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gobble Gobble

T-day with our good friends--we did potluck style which was a good bet. Minimum cooking, maximum eating.

Sarah's lovely table:


Din-din, complete with K's technicolor Jello salad. LJ was a happy gent:

We take Thanksgiving quite seriously in our family. Years ago Lance found himself invited to a dinner my friend and I were throwing. The night before we (lamely) realized we had no food for said dinner. So we ran out to the store and bought a (frozen) turkey and all the trimmings. When we got home, we realized the turkey was, well, frozen. My friend and I stayed up all stupid night long changing the water the frozen butterball was in, trying to coax it into thawing. It worked, and the day was saved. That is until we realized (after baking) that we had accidentally baked the giblets in the turkey..in a plastic bag. I can't recall if the turkey tasted funky or not, but I can't imagine that it didn't.


In keeping with the tradition of bad T-Day food, I had a food bomb this year. I had made my cornbread the night before, and when I went to chop and toast it for my yummy stuffing, it poured out onto the pan. The inside was totally raw and uncooked. Blech. So much for that batch. I whipped up another pan of cornbread and saved the day. Next year, I hope not to have any hi-larious food stories.

This is why Thanksgiving in Northern California is great:

Traffic control for Whole Foods:

And all of the To-furkey you can eat:

I went to bed late, but still managed to get up @ the crack 'o' dawn to do Black Friday with the girlies. Nothing stands between me and $15 jeans. Nothing.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Every Thanksgiving needs at least one food bomb. This year, I didn't bring it because we were eating pizza at Dland. My worst food bomb was a cranberry salad in a jello mold. It was disgusting. My inlaws even told me how bad it was.