Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Birthday Week

Why settle for just one day of celebrating when you can have a whole week of fun? Exactly.

I kicked off my birthday week with dinner at Slider Bar in Palo Alto. It's SO good. We ordered 3 baskets of fries--garlic, sweet potato, and these greasy fries piled high with pulled pork and ranch sauce. It was heavenly.

Inger gave me a most appropriate gift



After dinner, we came back to my house and watched Pitch Perfect. It was just as good the second time around.

I also hit up Cat Club, and rocked out to the best of the 80's in the back room with Susan and Jojo.



On Thursday night, I went to Bon Jovi with friends. I stole Sharla's hat to prove my theory that I look super hot in sunglasses and fedoras. It's not conceited if it's a fact. (Hi Carly!)


We got super cheap seat online--like $15 cheap! We were technically behind the stage, but Jon Bon had a round stage, and spent a good deal of time facing us. I was quite pleased with the seats.



I pretended to take a picture of Sharla, but I'm really taking a pic of these horrible drunk dancers behind us. Their moves were shameful.


These people in front of us were killing me. They were well into their 70's, and whenever their jam came on, they pumped their fists. This is totally us in 40 years.





The show was well over 2.5 hours. Jon Bon looks sounds, and moves like he's 20. He put on a great show. He really has seen a million faces, and he's totally rocked them all.

On my actual birthday, I headed over to playgroup to hang with my friends and kids. My birthday hair was on a roll.


My so-called friends bestowed these upon me--gag.


But they made up for it with this delicious GF almond cake--thanks Meghan! Love ya--despite the fact that you also gave me those pukey kale chips. Turns out chocolate doesn't actually make everything better.


After playgroup, I met up with Team Gray, and we drove over to my favorite gluten free joint


I had a GF quiche, followed quickly by a light and fluffy eclair. SO delicious.



B dutifully helped out and chomped on a cupcake to join in the festivities


After lunch, we came back, and I hit up our school raffle. I was hoping to win some discount swim lessons--which I did. Score! Then I went out for sushi with friends, and then came home to watch trashy TV all by myself. It was a wonderful and fabulous birthday, though we did miss Lance, who was in Utah for a wedding.

Here's to 37! I'm looking forward to many more adventures!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

All so fun! I'm sad I missed out on the sliders and fries. I have yet to celebrate with you, so keep the bday flame burning! The necklace from inger is darling.

Alie said...

You look amazing in that picture on your birthday!!! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, you're looking better than ever!