Thursday, April 25, 2013

Banana Cabana

The Cabana Club (or Banana Cabana according to Beezie) has turned out to be a hidden gem. It's so close to our house--less than a 10 minute walk. We load up the wagon previously used for stealing our neighbor's garbage, and head over. B quickly learned it's the good life.

After a 'grueling' half hour swim, she simply had to relax on the lawn chair.


After a few minutes, she told me she needed a towel to use as a blanket, and get some rest. I foresee her retiring to Boca one day.



I was a lame mom and had no pool toys. I scrambled, and pulled out the sand toys for her to use instead. She started out tentative about the water. A week into our membership, she's dunking her face into the water and getting more and more comfortable.





She loves getting into her swim gear, which she refers to as her swimsoup. I'm planning on never correcting her.


After the pool comes a little treatie, which must be eaten face first.


The club is great because it's fenced in and has a large grassy area for the kids to run around. It also has picnic benches and tables with umbrellas. We lunched there on Sunday, and Lance ducked into the bushes to take a church call and pretend he was at home quietly reading scriptures. We dubbed him the Cabana Creeper.


The worst part is the greenery provided no sound barrier, the Stake Prez knew he wasn't nose deep in the Good Book, and now his face is on posters at the club telling the members to look out for the dude creeping in the brush. At least 2/3 of our family will have an amazing summer at The Banana.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I should thank you guys for letting me join you on Sunday, but I'm secretly cursing you for giving me a glimpse of the good life... ;)

Kristina said...

That is totally our sort of day. Wish we had a B&R on our way home from the pool. You are going to love every moment of your summer there.

Ashley said...

This is truly glorious. I love that B has so quickly settled into her new club lifestyle. What's the etiquette here? Do I wait for an invite or just tell you when I'm free?

brooke said...

I am so behind on your blog! B is my kind of girl. I love her in her swim soup and Lancer is the perfect creeper.