Thursday, April 11, 2013

Catching Up

 Here's all the crap that doesn't warrant a post on its own.

Dressing up as a pirate. This is a daily occurrence now. Ahoy, mateys! Even pirates need to read--and avoid scurvy, of course.


We joined the Laurelwood Cabana Club! I love that this place hasn't changed since the 50's. I can't prove that this is actually true, but I'm guessing from the outside that this is the case. I hope this is a cult I don't regret joining, and that the men inside all look like Don Draper. Zou bisou bisou indeed.


I'm too lazy to put DC in the fridge, and then try to speed things up by throwing them in the freezer. I need to set a timer next time. I also need to clean out my poor freezer.


Lancer dug out the giant bird of paradise by our door, cleaned out the walkway, and trimmed back all of the ferns. Good work, babe! Now we can actually get in and out of the door without a leaf grazing our head. He's going to plant hydrangeas there.


These two mad scientists donned goggles to punch a hole in their plant cups. Now they have thriving soybeans. Check out Colin's face!


We've been hitting up Rancho San Antonio, enjoying the rocks, dirt, and sticks like a good kid should.


Hit up Studio Grow with the Buskirks, and let the ladies cool down with some cold, refreshing bevvies.


Speaking of Don Draper--he's back! I thought the season premiere was off to a bit of a slow start--until we saw Don canoodling with his neighbor's wife. Welcome back, crazies! It's been a long break.

We got totally hooked on the Walking Dead, and blew through all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. It's so good--if zombies, gore, blood, and disease are your thing.


This is B doing her best Sophia impression. Mmmm....brains.


We also blew through House of Cards--another stellar series. What should we watch next? Arrested Development? Any other good dramas we can catch up on?


I got B a SF Giants t-shirt, so she can rep her allegiance at summer games. Go Giants!


I also foolishly bought more ill fitting clothing at Costco. I never learn. Actually, all of the workout great ended up being great. The jeans--not so much.


I'm trading them in for this baby from Costco--that way, I can just walk over to the swim cult with all of our gear. I'll throw B in there, too.


Speaking of Costco buys, we finally ditched our too-heavy, stupid silverware for a set that weighs what a silverware set should. It's been a decade--I can't feel bad for ditching it. The old set was super nice and expensive, but it was so heavy it would fall out of our bowls. It also broke through 5 dishwasher baskets because of its weight. This is our new set. Lance initially saw the back of this box with the serving pieces, and declared that it was too big and creepy. Sigh.


B did her best Crocodile Rock impression. Notice how the glasses are always upside down on this kid?


Here's her pirate hat/Mr. Potato Head glasses combo. Classic.


We had lunch with Jojo, and the girls decided to go all matchy matchy on me.


I'm back on Weight Watchers (down 5 lbs--woot!), and back to my grueling daily walks with my Fitbit. I bought these little GF "cookies" as a treat, and was extremely pissed when this log rolled out of the box instead. Misleading.


These, however, are tasty and delicious. Like a frozen, low calorie Snickers bar. I eat one every night, and it makes me not want to punch a puppy. I hate dieting.


I'm tearing it up on the mean streets of Santa Clara again. It feels good.



Colin and Beezie continue the love fest. They insisted on hugging it out, despite being in a less than accommodating position.


We ditched cable this week. We're going to try and swing it with just Neflix, Apple TV, and maybe Hulu Plus. My only requirement is that we have the AMC shows available the next day. I hope this experiment goes well.


 Lance showing off bounty from our backyard--grapefruit! It took about 5 years to finally produce fruit. And now I realize how much it looks like a pair of citrus boobs.


B continues to love school, and all of the fun activities that go with it. She loves the art projects, and play doh, and she always comes home stained and dirty from school.


And that's a wrap, folks. Everything you've been missing out on--except for Easter, and our fabulous Disney trip. A lady only has so many hours in her day to blog.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love arrested development. It took me a few episodes to appreciate the humor but then I was hooked. I kind of want to try Walking Dead next. Also, I love those wagons and never got cable after we moved and I never missed it. And those cookie log things look disgusting.

Greg said...

I keep hearing good things about The Walking Dead...

Greg said...

Did you rent the DVDs? How did you catch up on all the back episodes?

The Mostess said...

Greg--Netflix!It's such a great show!

Em said...

Silverware so heavy it falls out of the bowl?!?! That's carpal tunnel and/or arthritis waiting to happen. Good on you for ditching it for lighter ware.