Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easter

A curious thing happens when I diet and work out a ton--my blog suffers. Instead of hanging out on the couch at night, I'm hustling on the streets with my Fitbit on, furiously trying to beat all of my friends in the steps department. I just realized how far behind I am--but since I'm home with a stupid head cold (again!!) I'm catching up. What--you don't want to read about Easter on the very last day of April??

We hit up the Easter Bunny at Vallco. I love that mall for holiday pics. Cheap, fast, and the mascots are good. Much better than the skinny Nesquik bunny of former years.


The weekend kicked off with the annual Easter egg hunt our friends host every year--thanks Team Parkes! Here is Lancer prepping B on the ins and outs of egg procurement.


And they're off!


B was in the "big kid" division this year, so she actually had to do some real work to find the eggs.








The next day, B woke up to a packed basket! Thankfully, Outrageous Outgrowns was the week before, so I loaded up on treaties for her basket. The favorite items are the Cars flashlight and the jump rope. She did NOT like the Captain Hook doll, so we loaned it to the Grays until she's a bit older. We also hosted a small gathering here, and despite my threats, I did not make ham balls.






Hippity hoppity--we had a wonderful Easter weekend, and enjoyed spending time with our friends! It's also a special time for me because it makes me think back to when I was pregnant with our adorable little Mini. I'm so grateful for Lance and Blakely, and our little family and life here in California.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Now I know people lament that they don't have family nearby, but I have to admit that I'm always a teensy envious when I see people celebrating holidays as a group of friends. I love spending our holidays with family, but "friend" Thanksgivings and Easters always look so fun! (The grass is always greener on the other side...)

Ashley said...

I resent Molly's comment!

B is so cute in those pics. Her basket is huge. And it puts my kids' baskets to shame.

Molly said...

Notice I didn't include "Christmas," Ashley. My envy only goes so far.