Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Utah

I had so much fun with Hayley that I followed her back to Utah. 

Whee! Price, Utah--here we come.


Hayley gets the barfs, so I steered clear of her on purpose. She ended up sitting right across the aisle from me anyway. Here is her seatmate. They chatted the entire flight thinking that no one could hear them. They were wrong.

 Ya look like you're a loud talker, Jim!


First stop--Cafe Rio!


Somebody got hungry on the flight. Nom nom.


After unpacking and getting B ready for bed, I realized that the bag with all of the pacifiers was missing. Tat seized on this moment like the Dog (toddler?) Whisperer, and encouraged me to use the trip to wean her off of them. I crossed my fingers, and sent her to bed.

We woke up to this--tear free! She's off them for good. Thanks, Cesar. Your encouragement did it.


We gussied up, and hit the dino museum. It was all B talked about for a week.She loves a good dino.

We hit up the hottest restaurant in town, and ate our gyros like they were going out of style. The greek is totally on a streak.


 Alas, our time in Price came to an end, and I found out the mid-size car I had reserved was a minivan. To quote Samantha Baker--there has to be a more dignified mode of transportation.


We landed in Ogden, just in time to be meet up with Lancer who was in Utah for work. B jumped right in, reading stories with Grandma, and getting dragged around by the cousins in a gigantic bucket. She had SO much fun with her cousins! She still talks about them every day.




We bundled up, and headed up the canyon to visit the elk. It was cold. Very, very cold. But B liked the ride, and the sleigh was fun.





I needed a hat--I improvised.


The elk


There was a huge snowstorm, so we got to introduce B to snow for the first time. We  ran down to Kid to Kid, and outfitted her with the necessary gear. At first, she was leery, but she eventually decided it was fun.






We also played some domino rally...


...and celebrated Lance's birthday.



I gave him this beauty. He's had his eye on it for years!


We had a very fun, relaxing time. I feel like I came back well rested and ready to face March. So long, fry sauce. You will be missed!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Nice cake! Did you bake it yourself?

Elizabeth said...

Fry Sauce has just come to OZ (we are very very very behind). I love the pics of snow and of course your adapted hat is stylin!