Monday, March 11, 2013

Lodi

Whenever Lance is out of town for an extended period of time, I pack up the car and hit the road with Beezie. I've been wanting to visit Lodi  since it was featured on The Girls Next Door because I'm committed to visiting all of the local towns in the area at least once. Everyone shuddered in horror when I laid out my plans, but I followed through, undaunted by the naysayers.

The famous arch--we made it!


I liked Lodi. The people are friendly, the shops are cute, and the downtown is quaint and fun.

Shop here--if you dare...



I bought this for Ashley--SO classy, and totally her taste! You're welcome, girl.


We walked around (Fitbit!) and stopped in at an adorable little cafe for some drinks and snacks. To my surprise, they had a GF menu, including this delicious apple bar.




We stopped into a little shop and sampled some cheese...imported from Utah. True story. B got a mild cheese, and happily noshed as we walked around and enjoyed the sun.


The town has a cute little museum and reptile center, but neither one was open. I had hyped both to B, and I could tell she was about to go atomic on me.What's a mom to do?

You visit the Bass Pro Shop, and lie. A lot.

This is totally a museum. And zoo. And aquarium.


B was in HEAVEN. If you've never visited one of these, go do it now. It's unbelievable. I promise your kids will flip.

This is a shot taken from behind the indoor waterfall/aquarium. They have live trout you can feed, and catfish in the tank.


I kinda sorta told B that it was a petting zoo, and let her pet the "animals" through the railing. They had every animal imaginable--deer, bears, foxes, wolves, elk, turkeys, rams, goats, hawks--you name it.


Little lady got into the country spirit. Yeehaw!



Then I was eaten by this bear because I was busy taking self portraits. Some might say I deserved what I got for my extreme fibbing.


The end.

2 comments:

Lance said...

I wish I could be there on the special trips with my gillls!

Greg said...

Ummm...did B happen to notice that the animals in the petting zoo weren't exactly moving?

Also, I took my first deposition in Lodi. Let's just say that the head of the sanitation department is still probably carrying a grudge!