Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Had it Comin'

I should have seen the signs. The terrible twos are in FULL EFFECT around these parts. B has been dishing up a bunch of this crazy:


I try my best to deflect, redirect, and distract--but I can only do so much. The other day as I was getting her dressed, she began flailing around like a wild banshee. I had to throw her in the crib half naked. This is what I got from her. The flailing arm! The look of desperation! The nakedness! The climbing of the rails! I should have known what her next move was.


It was flinging herself out of the crib onto the floor full force this morning. She bit her lip, and hurt her left arm. I packed up my angry pirate, and headed over to the ER for x-rays. When the doc wiggled her arm and asked if it hurt, she declared "Don't ask me that!! I don't want to talk about it!!" He checked his chart to make sure she was only 2. Welcome to my world, doc!


The good news is that it's not broken, just bruised and swollen. And, to make lemonade out of lemons, she would yell "ahoy!" as we walked past patients, causing all sorts of delight.

I suspect it was all a ploy to get out of THIS business


This pottytraining biz is THE WORST THING EVER. I took away all her diapers, so I'm a little stuck. She's watched Potty Power (kill me now) so many times now she knows she's not a baby, and she's definitely over diapers. However, she lacks the skills to actually deliver on the pot. I suppose my plan b is to use Pullups more than I intended, and ramp up my laundry. I would let it go completely, but she HAS to be ready for preschool in the fall--though her salty talking scallywag ways might get us kicked out long before her potty habits.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Kaari, I love the little tidbits that show her personality, like telling the doctor that she didn't want to talk about it. Hopefully she'll get the hang of the potty soon and I'm glad that she doesn't have to have a cast!

Dayna said...

OH MY GOSH! The 2's have struck our home too! It's amazing how fine he will be then you take him out of the tub and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!! "No Mommy Leave Jake Alone!!!" is what I get way too much!

And, potty training, we've been on pullups since Christmas. Mostly because they fit him better and hold everything in better than diapers did!

Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Its so weird that B's such a firecracker with such quiet, shy and retiring parents ....
Terrible Twos or not she is gorgeous :-)