Thursday, January 31, 2013

BLERG

Remember last year when I had an annoying "cold" that lasted the entire winter season? And how that turned out to be a never-ending sinus infection? It was so much fun that I decided to repeat it again this year. Party in my sinus cavities!

It's a little Breaking Bad up in here with with all this pseudoephederine.


I've been sequestered for the majority of the month--not to mention the pukes, pink eye, coughs, and colds of Lancer and Beezie. We've been hit hard, and a plague has been upon our house. Here's hoping February is better. We've been doing a lot of this biz:



We did manage to get out and about here and there.We hit up Palo Alto and spent a nice day in the fresh air, enjoying the sun.




We hit up a slider bar, and I tasted about 25% of it. That 25% was delish.



We hit up Happy Hollow and picnicked on the lawn.





 We hit up a few local parks


I tried to unload this thang on Craigslist, and the only taker was a Nigerian scammer.



I missed a Studio 54 themed party bus night in SF, and had to sell my Rock of Ages tickets due to my stupid cold.

I weep for you, 80's rock!



 But it hasn't been all bad. My Boston Boys made it official with a new album and tour in 2013!!!


You know I got all crazy and got tickets in LA and San Jose. It was a seriously coordinated effort to land top tier tickets in both cities. If things get really crazy, and we feel like we need more FACETIME, we aren't ruling out the possibility of a roadtrip to Vegas between LA and San Jose. Poor Lancer is going to be a NKOTB widow for 3 days. He's a good man.

In related news, my Craigslist friend/normal NKOTB friend Carolyn got our 5 star meet and greet all arranged, so there is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO WAY THAT I AM GOING TO MISS OUT ON MY FACETIME WITH DONNIE. 10 people total: 5 guys, 2 girls for each guy. Just me, DDub, and one more Donnie girl. You may recall that last time we had 3 Donnie girls, and a skankadoo stole my time with him. Not happening this time--unless I'm the skankadoo in question. I can't rule it out.

I'm off to a good start. I tweeted Jon a sarcastic picture of Blakely's artistic "talents" and he pinged me back. He totally loves me, and I him. He's the dark horse of the group. He sneaks up on you with his sense of humor, and ensnares you with his charm. Watch out, Ddub.


At the very least, I'm about a million times hotter than I was when they first came around.So, there's that. I think January is still a win for me.


6 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't understand who the 10 guys are at the meet n greet. Who are the second tier 5 and who are the poor girls who have to hang with them?!

It's been a drag for all of us that you've been so sick. Sickness: yet another reason to avoid the masses. Truly I feel bad for you--being sick is the worst and I hope you kick this thing before 2014.

The Mostess said...

I'm on meds. 10 people total: 5 guys, two girls for each assigned guy. Two Donnie girls, 2 Jordan girls....

Meghan said...

Wowza! You have been having a rather sucky month despite the NKOTB awesomeness. Glad you could step out with us last week to Happy Hollow on one of your few ventures out into the land of the living! It was fab! We have been having a similar month of the sickies and here I was thinking we were so lame and everyone was probably wondering where we are!

Sometimes dear lady, you make me wish I was a blockhead too just so I could tag along to a concert and bask in all the NKOTB mania. One day...

Ashley said...

Okay that sounds much better. Us mathletes consider that 15 people total, but who's counting.

brooke said...

Hahaha. Being sick is such a bitch as John's grandma would say. I like the lady.

Sinus infections are the worst but I am happy to hear about all the NKOTB news. I will keep you in my prayers that no skank will deprive you of your Donnie time this year.

Em said...

First things first: I saw your fb thumbnail photo on Brooke's in-n-out status, and thought, "Geez, Mostess's hubby is really good-looking!" Then I saw it was you and Jordan! (I'm sure your hubby will appreciate this comment. I'm also sure your hubby is as good-looking as Jordan, but you know...we've never met.)

Also, I just spent last Wednesday morning trying to get Beyonce pre-sale concert tickets for regular general seating. It was a heinous, high-drama affair. I got them though, and also chatted with other fans looking to get VIP tix (her packages really stink). So reading about your 2013 NKOTB meet n greet good fortune is especially exciting to read about. I feel like I'm in the know now.

It's gonna be a good year!