Saturday, January 5, 2013

Out on Bail, Fresh Outta Jail

Just California dreamin' on NYE. Our hosts gave us bandanas and told us to wear them how we best saw fit. We decided it ain't nuthin but a gangsta party.



NYE was quite fun, despite the fact that I spent the night refusing to eat live worms, and Lance froze his webbed toes off trying to find marbles in a bucket of ice. The balloons dropped, and we danced like fools to our modern day Macarena, Gangham Style. Thanks, Psy. We dressed classy, and danced cheesy.

I'm really looking forward to the new year--a few items I would like to tackle:

Yosemite (never been!)
Grand Canyon (ditto--and I've been dying to since the Brady Bunch went there on that disastrous trip in a very special episode)
Disneyland
Hawaii--kid free!
Cooking classes with Lancer
Camping somewhere in a camper van
A mantel for our fireplace
Reading more--with my trusty new Kindle!And, yes, I mean more than the new Sweet Life books--though I always knew Jessica would turn out to be rotten!
Improving my sewing skills
Getting crafty
Finding a way to turn my love of dance into being less fat
Keeping my hair silky and shiny, mostly to bug Ashley
Writing more--possibly tackling one of the many books in my head
A girls getaway weekend somewhere with shopping, food, and a spa

A few items I would like to pay other people to tackle:

Pottytraining

See, I'm an optimist. Bring it on, 2013! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I respect you for not partaking of the worms.

You and Lancer should totally go to Hawaii kid free! I'd love to help with B while you're away. I am already dreaming of a February 2014 tropical vacay.

I want to hear about your book ideas!