Monday, October 29, 2012

The Elusive Money Shot

We decided to finally hit up the HMB pumpkin festival. I've lived here for almost 20 years, and have never made it. Same with the Gilroy Garlic Festival. There's no excuse at this point.


The universe was telling us not to go, but we ignored the signs: my cold, B's cold, the fact that it was B's naptime, Lance's bad back, the crowds...but I needed my Halloween money shot for my cards, so I pressed on.

We were fools. We bravely made it all the way to the outskirts of town before we bailed. We stopped at this little pumpkin patch that was littered with--surprise, surprise--families with toddlers. Everyone was in the same boat.

Besides the other issues mentioned already, it was SWELTERING. We've been blessed (and cursed) with very warm weather this month. A red, sweaty face is not part of the plan.

I was optimistic. We got off to a good start.


There were a few cute shots, but none of them qualified as the Money Shot.


 But most of them turned out half baked like this piece of crap picture. Poor kid just wanted a respite from the sun.

 

Then the diaper issues started. B is constantly pulling at her diaper, and talking potty talk. Seriously--her antics in that area would make Michael Jackson antsy. And it leads to some great photos.



Money shot be damned. I  knew it was a bust, and we just hung out as a family before heading back home.

Once back home, we regrouped with a nice long nap and some delicious cottage cheese....


....and a Scooby Doo bucket hat, of course. A happy meal castoff featuring a mystery solving dog is just the ticket for recovering from an overbearing stage mom chasing a pipe dream through a pumpkin patch.


5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey now what about the money shots you posted on facebook? Were those another day? The diaper issues are hilarious. I hate hot crowded activities--I don't have the love for Lemos that everyone else does because I went on one of those scorching fall days.

brooke said...

I, too, saw the money shots on Facebook! I am dying at the diaper shots..maybe time to potty train? Good luck with that!..evil laugh...

The Mostess said...

I'm not leading anyone astray. The actually money shots were taking 2 weeks later during a slight respite from heat and rain. That post is coming up!

We tried a little potty training, and B decided to hold in her poop. It's been just fab.

The Mostess said...

*actual*

Greg said...

It's all about the money shot! But I think that you ought to make some lemonade out of those lemons and put those diaper shots to work...I too thought they were hilarious!

PS--I'm impressed that B was even willing to start potty training!