Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Fun


We've been busy this fall. Beezie started a new preschool co-op this year, and she really likes it. Colin is in our class again. Last week they made her a birthday crown, which delighted her to end.


 

 


We got the house all spooked up, and ready for ghosts and goblins. B is obsessed with Halloween, and has inherited my love of all things spooky and creepy.


Mini Spooky Village for Beezie


           

The Halloween jammers are a hit. When I put them on her, she exclaimed "I a tiger!" and ran around like crazy.

      
 Spooky everyday clothing for the entire month

     

The return of the homemade Halloween advent calendar! This thing still chaps my hide, but B absolutely loves it, and points out the various creepy elements. Let's pretend the bottom row is straight, and doesn't need fixing.



Halloween Books


Turning our friends into superheroes







This was followed by a raucous dance party in the living room, where someone taught Blakely the phrase "watch me!" Thanks for that.



We've also been eating a fair share of Chick Fil A. No political statement intended either way. I just appreciate a delicious chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Plus DDP on tap, and their milkshakes? DELISH.


We also break down whenever we pass a pumpkin patch. It's SO fun. I've had to start taking a detour to avoid the waterworks.


 Spooky Village is all set up. It's spooky as can be.



The little visitors love it, and could spend hours watching the action.


We're off to a good start! Now it's time to start getting serious about the pumpkin patches and various fall events!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

1. You are a good person to put up with that preschool.

2. B is a darling tiger in her Halloween pj's!

3. It's true that the little people love your haunted village. I keep thinking my kids have left theirs on, and when I go to turn it off, I see them standing there staring at it.

Em said...

First off, B is absolutely adorable. I love her curls, and her Halloween jammies.

Second, I didn't even notice the bottom row of the very very cute Halloween advent if you hadn't pointed it out and even then it was hard to tell. I was more impressed (read: disgusted) to read it is homemade and not store bought, which is what I originally thought. :)