Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Breaking Dawn--Showboating Edition

Unlike previous years, Sharla and I weren't able to secure advanced screening passes for a Twilight film. It was sad being a commoner. It's not a place I like to dwell.


And then...I got a text letting me know there would be two tickets waiting for me tonight. Oh sweet day! I got to lord over the commoners again, and brag about my fortune with gusto, which is pretty much what my blog was created for.

I grabbed equally Twi-Crazed Sharla and headed up to SF. We looked for the seats in the reserved press section. It's old hat now.

Yeah, yeah....we're kind of a big deal...

We got a bunch of posters, which will come in handy for the party tomorrow night! I'm a little disappointed that Jacob has a shirt on. Rip it off, WolfBoy! Eddie, you can leave yours on.



The promoters were throwing out hats to the audience. I may have acted like a crazed nut to get one. Let's just say...I got one.

Okay, folks. Here's the nitty gritty. I didn't love the movie. But I also didn't love the book. I feel like the first three were all on the same page, and then the fourth book turned into a weird science fiction novel, complete with "tasty" blood shakes and uterus chomping vampbabies.

Things I had a beef with:

Edward was...not hot. Is it too late to switch teams?? He seemed pained and strained during the whole movie.

Jacob, on the other hand, was a hottie. But he was also emo and weepy, and emotionally unstable.

The hair--oh, the hair. Emmett had awful hair. Carlisle had awful hair. Edward in the wedding scene had awful hair--like 6 piecey pieces of bangs. What happened to the hot, tousled hair from Twilight?? I protest!

Bella is emaciated, sweaty, and half dead in most of the movie. It's unbecoming.

Renesemee. Worst. Name. Ever. Every time I hear it, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Lame soundtrack.

THE BIG SCENE was a total letdown. I know they had to keep it PG-13 and all...but I felt it lacked in the chemistry department. Truthfully, I felt like the chemistry was hotter in the other movies. It's actually palpable when they first smooch in Twilight. This scene should have been amazing. There are even shirts dedicated to it.

I need this shirt

The upside is that we got to see more than I thought we would, which was a bonus. And the very last frame was cool--it leaves the audience excited for the last installment.

I'm looking forward to the party tomorrow night, as well as the midnight movie. I better get to bed, or I won't last! Break out your fangs, Twi-hards! The end is near!

5 comments:

Dette said...

I'm laughing so much right now, I haven't seen the latest movie and yet I pretty much agree with your assessment. Renesemee!!!! I can't stand that name, what a dumb name. Also, when I read the books, I hated that she turned it into a creepy bloody science fiction wannabe story. It just didn't go with the other books so in my little world I changed the ending. Haha Renesemee who??? See...problem solved. :)

Unknown said...

In the movie's defense.....it did a good job following the book. I wasn't a fan of the book the first time, but liked it much better the second time around.

My least-favorite part of the movie wasn't in the book.

Totally agree on the hair and lack of hotness for most of the boys. Everyone looked great in Eclipse. What happened? Perhaps this is why the stores aren't bothering to carry much BD merchandise.
-Sharla

Molly said...

You just made me glad I never read the book and won't be seeing the movie. Ha!

Greg said...

Mostess--

I have not seen a single movie in this series or read so much as a single line in any of the books.

I'm going to bet that there were not a lot of guys in attendance at the screening and that there will probably be even less at the midnight movie.

I'm open to hearing that I'm wrong!

Em said...

For your being such an avid fan, I appreciate the candor in relaying the movie's weaknesses. For such a build up on the Scene (Kristin Stewart's "It was surreal!" and the director's "Kristin got really into it!") it's interesting that it ended up being so uninspiring.

I just hope Taylor had his shirt off enough to have gotten your money's worth!