Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Victory Lap


I'm no braggart. Just kidding--I totally am! It was a battle worth fighting for. You can read Ashley's hilarious concession speech here.

I haven't fought this hard for a title since I won Camp Queen in 1988. What's that, you say? Your Girls Camps didn't have a pageant? I pity the fool who didn't go to Girls Camp in the south. They have pageants for everything. My talent was fighting off mosquitos, and I wore a ballgown made from tablecloths and tissue paper. My virtue was Divine Nature, and my parting line was "I represent divine nature because I'm simply divine." I stole the show, and won the crowd. God bless Kentucky!

On a roll from my recent win, I was totally convinced that Lady Luck was on my side, and bought a raffle ticket for the "Have lunch with Donnie and Mark Wahlberg in Boston at the opening of their new burger joint Wahlburgers." Unfortunately for me--but fortunately for Donnie--I lost. The worst part is the chick who won is from NYC, and could simply hang out at the restaurant all day and night, and just casually run into Donnie anytime. Being a West Coast gal, I'm not afforded this option. I'm sure at some point Lance would notice that I was missing. Probably when he came home, and was greeted with silence when he asked "what's for deener" in his fake French accent.

So my win has been balanced with a devastating loss, which means order has been restored, and Round Three of the Display-Off--Bountiful Harvest--is up for grabs. Until I snatch up that title from Ashley, of course, and she begs for a Ho-Ho-Holiday Extravaganza, and a chance to even the score. Lemme guess--Hooty in a Santa hat. Sigh.

5 comments:

brooke said...

I have already congratulated you on your win...about 10 times so I'm going to save that.

Your precious Donnie is 42. My scrumptious Maksim is 31. Who is old now?

The Mostess said...

Linda--is that you??

alexandra said...

You deserved the win! And your post about it was hilarious. I am excited to watch that owl get in the spirit of every holiday to come.

Greg said...

Kaari--

How very "zen" of you to seek to balance out your great victory. I do, however, question how devastating your loss truly was.

I had to google "Donnie" to make sure you weren't referring to Donnie Osmond...

(At least Donnie Osmond actually managed a comeback to become relevant again in pop culture, unlike Donnie W.)

Also, I think you are supposed to put your badge permanently on your site somewhere where we can all enjoy it. :)

Congratulations, your win was well-deserved!

Ashley said...

Yeah yeah, enough about how well-deserved the win was. We got it. Lets all move on now!

Hooty in a Santa hat . . . me likey.

Camp Queen is priceless. And explains your fascination with Toddlers and Tiaras.

While I feel nothing for Donnie, I do love Mark, (the Other Guys was a genius cinematic presentation), and so I would join you in the partaking of a Wahlburger.