Monday, October 24, 2011

Heroes VS Villains

We had our annual Halloween party last night. It was a much smaller event than usual, but you won't hear any complaints from me on that front.

I was raring and ready to go as a villain. But then Lancer came up the genius idea to be the GREAT AMERICAN HERO Sully Sullenberger.

And what kind of wife would I be if I left the greatest pilot alive to land a plane in the Hudson all by himself? Presenting...Sully, and his trusty flight attendant! Totally heroic!


We pulled it off. Extra props to us for use of flight wings and fake mustaches. The best part was when Lance threatened to grow a mustache again, and I got to remind him about the last time he grew facial hair. He grew a fu man chu in Germany, and emboldened by his new stache, decided to do karate kicks and jumps in the mirror. He ended up kicking the bureau in the room, and hurting his leg. I think Bruce Lee was in on that.

The PDR of my costume was my sensible, no nonsense nude pantyhose. I wore them to church today to bring on the giggles, but I ended up sequestered in Primary, and nobody saw them. Plus I was super hot (not in a sexy way) and they had a run. Sheer Energy got the last laugh.

We had the usual cast of characters at the party:

My lovely co-hostess. She is a tiny woman in a large costume!

Villains!! I would be lying if I said I knew who Tim was.


2 villains, and one hero. Hey--Tyler stole my patented arm pose! I object. It does look nice, though.






I LOVE Inger's costume. Her barking dalmatian stole came with a disclaimer stating that it wasn't from a real dog. You don't say.

These two! They are a one trick pony with their poses. Awesome costumes, though! I think Ashley won for best female hero, and Tyler tied with Lance for best male hero.


April came up with crazy gross things for people to eat and drink. They pulled some truly awesome faces.


This crew had to drink bright green slime. They were all thoroughly grossed out.





And on that note, I bid you goodnight. Thanks for another great party! Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

brooke said...

You throw the best parties...I am bummed I will never see one in real life.

I love the Sully Sullenberger costume with huge fake 'stache and your Sheer Energy hose are the set...or worst!

brooke said...

I meant to say "are the best" not set....damn iPad.

Ashley said...

Hey now, I see myself doing four different poses in those four different pics, but yes I give you that The Flash has only one pose. Of course, he is The Flash.

I can't believe I won best female hero! Where's my button?

Your nude hose were my favorite detail of the night. So funny about wearing them to primary! I love those things that I think are going to hilarious and then are NOT HILARIOUS. Sort of like kidnapping someone's PDR!

Ashley said...

Oh, and GREAT PARTY by the way! Great ambiance, food, and people. Another one for the books.

Em said...

Ditto what Brooke says, minus the "damn iPad" part.

Surprisingly, I didn't recognize many superheroes or villians in that crowd of yours. I thought, "Who the heck are they supposed to be?" I'm getting old. Ash and the Flash and you and Sully are by far the best!

But your party looks so fun! Even with that scary looking slime.

The Gilberts said...

Who is haylee? Give those grays an honorable mention... Louis is not wearing google paraphernalia!