Monday, September 12, 2011

Public Enemy #1

Stephanie is going down!

So--this annoying debacle. I decided I wasn't going to "let it win" and hunkered down to finish what I started. I reasoned that"Blakely will love it down the line" and that "she will see my great sacrifice and craftiness, and appreciate it!" I bought all new materials, and spent over 4 hours measuring, cutting, sewing, gluing, and generally working my little fingers to the bone on Halloween Advent Calendar Take 2.

I was just out in the party shed just now working on B's birthday gifts, and what did I see....

THE BAG WITH ALL OF MY MISSING HALLOWEEN CALENDAR POCKETS!!!!

Kill. Me. Now.

Now I have to decide if I should go with the original pockets, stick with the new ones, or combine the two versions. The older pockets are 100% handmade--I cut out the felt and created ghosts, witches, cauldrons, etc. The newer one employs cute buttons. Anyone (but Stephanie) care to weigh in?

Either way, I blame Stephanie for this. This is clearly all her fault. The worst part is that she confessed last Friday that she was under the influence of hormones and fear of swine flu when she started her calendar, and she used it to avoid leaving the house.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

HAhahahahahaha- Why don't you just hunker down for the next couple months and make them both?!?! Someday Blakely really WILL appreciate all the effort you put into it and you'll have to tell her all about me. She will thank me.

Kristine Gray said...

HaHaHa- Make two and then a future sibling will have one and they won't fight over it. We always had two advent calenders so my brother and I wouldn't fight about opening that little window.

Unknown said...

I say make both. The new ones with the buttons are so cute!

Was the missing fabric for your Halloween Table runner in there too?

Molly said...

Finish both and sell one. (I'd be pissed off, too.)