Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TMI

What's with the rash of TMI commercials and ads?

It started with that creepy Charmin commercial featuring a family of bears that leave "pieces" behind on their butts. Um, okay.


Then it was that much creepier commercial featuring women talking about "what really goes on in the bathroom" and how their TP needs to "keep their hands clean while getting them clean." Ummmmm....

I think the following takes the cake, though.


I don't need an enema ad. And if I did, I wouldn't need one that featured a dirty, abandoned shopping cart on the edge of a cliff. Is my butt the cliff? Is it the shopping cart? What is that all about?

I'm wistful of the days when TP ads featured a squeeze-crazy woman going to town on a pack of TP, and a cranky old scientist/stockboy (nondescript lab coat-you tell me what he does for a living) telling me not to squeeze the Charmin. It's all very vague and cloudy--just the way I like it.

I seriously don't need any suggestions for my backcountry.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What is it with advertisers???We havent got these ads here yet but we will, you guys are always in front of us.

I would like to go back to the
1950's when people had a bit of taste and decorum (but with internet of course).

The Gilberts said...

laughed out loud! really, these professionals deserve to be made fun of if they can't do their job

more taste needed, yes!

brooke said...

This post is hilarious. My favorite completely TMI, over-the-top ad is the commercial for bikini trimmer razers with the plants that are shrinking in size as the women walk past....horrible!!