Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Steal Other People's Ideas

I have a bit of buyer's remorse. I bought this set for Beezie off Craigslist a few months back for her first birthday.

I'm not wild about it because it's wide, short, cheesy, and has no personality. But I'm sure she will love it. She's all about going in and out of things, opening and closing doors, etc. She has also taken to the Gray's play kitchen in the last few weeks.

Tonight, I was looking on Craigslist for a play kitchen for Tinger (I swear!) and I saw this little well-loved gem.

I hate the country theme of course, but I LOVE the retro style. It has a ton of potential. I am going to add a little hanging basket to the backsplash for food items and pans.

I was spurned on by this CUTE play kitchen from this adorable blog.


She spraypainted an old kitchen, and added cute wrapping paper for the background. She would never allow a Fisher Price play kitchen into her home. They're boring and disposable, and a cute little kitchen like the one above is meant to LAST.

So--here is my dilemma. I have the Fisher Price kitchen, and I am picking up the $20 retro one on Tuesday. Do I get rid of the FP one, and stick with the classic kitchen? Keep both, and put the retro one in her room? Keep both in the living room? Put one outside? What to do, what to do.

While you're at it, please send color scheme ideas my way. Leaning toward citrus--green, orange, & yellow--though not 100% sold.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sell the FP one. I have one, and I hate it. I totally should have gone wood. Oh well.

teuscher travels said...

I commented on Facebook already (this is the problem of doing more than one thing at once with multiple browsers open:)) I would go with the wood, and I do love the citrus theme. I think kitchens with personality are just so darn cute, I am really hoping Hadley likes hers - Mellisa and Doug also has some super cute play foods. You could just resell on craigslist or if you wanted maybe put it outside so you can just hose it off but I would say it is too large to waste the space in your living room or bedroom.

Ashley said...

You already know the answer--adios first kitchen! I am totally in a declutter mode so I would have that thing on craigslist yesterday, but if you want to keep it outside that's okay too. The wooden one will be so cute. I can't keep up with your craftiness these days. And Beezie is a lucky girl. Bennett was lucky to get a plastic ball from Target for his bday.

Angela said...

Go with the wood one- FP outside.....she will eventually have friends over and you will want to ship them to the backyard...they play with those things I swear until they are 7-