Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall Fun

Our fall fun has started! This week, I kicked off the fun with the music class at church. Last year I did a Storytime, but this year I am only doing music. I do the first Tuesday of the month, and other teachers take the other weeks. I love it because I'm sure we will all do different things for the class, and the kids will have a fun variety.


A few people asked what CD I used, but I actually created my own playlist. I'm picky when it comes to that stuff--epsecially music for kids. It can't be too cheesy, corny, whiny, etc. I found a great selection at the library. If you can find it, The Cedarmont Kids CD is great. It has 100 classic songs. And you can't beat free! I was going to sign Beezie up for a music class--but the prices are staggering! I am not a cheapskate by any means, but $220 is ca-razy. I'll stick with the church class!

For those who asked, here is what I did this week:

4 Fingerplays
Five Little Monkeys--r-H
Eensy Weensy Spider--Cedarmont Kids
5 Gray Sharks--Various Artists
Baby Bumblebee--Cedarmont Kids

3 Movement/Instructional Songs
Shakin' It--Parachute Express
Following Directions with Exercise--Mark D. Pencil and Kids
Shake Freeze--Little Maestros

3 Circle Songs
Hop Like a Bunny--Kimbo
Stop and Go--Fred Koch
Move the Circle--Tumble Tots

2 Beanbag Songs
Pass the Beanbag--Tumble Tots
Bean Bag Alphabet Rag--Hap Palmer (In reality, I did another bean bag songs--but it sucked. I will use this oldie but goodie down the line)

2 Shaker Songs
Shake! (Your shaker eggs)--We Kids Rock
Shake, Rattle, and Roll--Bill Haley

Beezie also started her gym class! Her boyfriend Braden is also in the class, which is fun. GymKids is basically the cheaper version of Gymboree and/or Little Gym. Same jig, though.



Like two little ships passing in the night





This kid is a bouncer. She loved getting crazy on the trampoline, but some crybaby made us tone it down. Thanks, kid!



This is B's new fall trick--self-feeding! She has mastered the art of sucking these babies bone dry in a matter of seconds. It's so nice. I may keep her on pouch food for life to keep things simple.


She also turned into a mad scientist. Look at that hair! Maybe this is her way of telling us this is her preferred Halloween costume.




Searching for beakers and vials to complete her costume

I have also decided to tackle this beast. I am crafting with Kristine and Sharla tonight, and I am going to teach that Halloween advent calendar a lesson. You just wait!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

If you're looking for some music suggestions for thhe class, i have this awesome cd...what's it called? Oh yes, it's the little people soundtrack. You would LOVE it.

And yay for b's class. Those things are the greatest.

Elizabeth said...

Good for you teaching a class... and putting a bit of effort into it. If I went to your church I would talk you up!

Ashley said...

I love Elizabeth. I scoped you out for about a year before I talked you up, but it's paid off. You know how I feel about pass the beanbag. Otherwise the class rocked! Gym Kids looks fun--Bennett would love it. He is deprived.

Glad you are crafting on the beast and not working on your display!

brooke said...

Pouch food is genius..can you believe I've never bought it...I must get my hands on it!

Nice work on the music class....I wish someone was doing that in my neck of the woods.

Em said...

Thanks for the playlist! I can tell you're the kind of woman who won't tolerate just any piece of crap song so this list is much appreciated! Especially b/c it doesn't include The Wheels on the Bus.

Those pictures of B at the gym are the cutest! My girlie is just discovering the pouch foods, but she is more interested in screwing the cap on and off than eating. Sigh.