Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Party Like A Rock Star

When we party, people end up in the ER. We take partying very seriously round these here parts.

Here's our beloved Birthday Boy, Joe. He rang in his 45th straight up Tommy Lee style!


We kicked off the weekend with 3 parties--ca-razy! I have to say--it was nice to finally be over my stupid, lingering cold. It was also nice to attend 3 parties which required NO effort on my part. I just showed up, showered people with gifts, and then scuttled back home. It was divine.

First, we had a surprise party for our favorite Wolverine, Joe. When we first met him, he cooked us a gourmet dinner even after we told him if he broke Jo-Jo's heart we would kick him in the nards. Clearly, that was an unnecessary threat. He's good people. Plus, he's a dance freak like me--could dance all night, every night if given the chance. Instead of working out in a gym pre-wedding, he went on a self-proclaimed dance diet. We might be dance soulmates.

We all met up at The Velvet Cantina--a hip little Mexican joint in the Mission.

Here's Jo-Jo walking in with a *very* surprised Joe! He had no idea what she had up her dainty little sleeve.


Jo-Jo looking hotter than ever with her cute new bob and Robert Palmer worthy dress. She looked amazing! Some might even say simply irresistible.

As always, the food was divine. These people know how to eat. I got the chicken tacos on corn tortillas with a pickled cabbage slaw that was seriously to die for. Here's the actual description: "Two soft corn tortilla, mildly spicy achiote chicken, pico de gallo, guacamole and chile pequin cream." Translation: mmmmm. Lancer sprung for the chicken avocado enchiladas. We were happy customers.

While eating, we got to catch up with the whole gang


I put this picture in for my other group of girls! His button says "The Smiths" and he is the DJ for the oft-alluded to "Smith-Morrissey Night" in San Francisco. Gee, I sure love the band Smith Morrissey. BTW--I told him that story, and he was amused. He is friends with the DJ who does Episco Disco. Religion+dancing+disco=I'm so there.

A birthday burrito--I love it!

After dinner, we poured into the street and wished Joe a happy and prosperous 45th.


Unfortunately, the night began in a Mexican dive and ended up in the ER. He is a-okay now, but apparently a little restless. Here's to Joe and a speedy recovery--we love you!

I also attended a birthday party for Little J. She is a doll--but check out this room. Kill. Me. Now. Those party animals put us to shame.

Then I was back up in SF to have fondue night with the ladies. I got to bust out my new and fancy Cuisinart fondue pot. That thing heats the ingredients in under a minute. I am in love--it was a much appreciated gift. Thanks, Santa!

We did dueling cheeses-a traditional Swiss one, and then a Wisconsin Cheddar one. They were both tasty. We finished off the night with a chocolate one.


Totally off the subject, but I had yet another great love disappear from my life without warning.

First, it was Snowball. I listen for her meowing, but she's a thing of the past.

Next, it was Gene and Fuel--making off like bandits in the night.

Last--but certainly not least--I think my housecleaner Carlos broke up with me as well. I even gave him a Christmas bonus! He was a no-show last week, and now his number is out of service.

Who's next? Please just tell me to my face--I can handle the truth.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So how did Joe end up in the ER?

Jo Jo's bob is so cute. It's taken me a lot of years and a lot of haircuts to realize I don't have the face for bobs, but hers makes me want to try again.

Your tacos look delicious! I am so excited for more good food tonight!

J's room--holy crap.

I can recommend another excellent cleaner, but I know you loved yours. Sorry for another loss!

Hayley said...

jo-jo's hair is SUPER adorable. it looks great on her.

i'm game for trying out that restaurant...looks very deelish.

what happened to the b-day boy?

so glad the professional dj knows i'm a moron.

Kristine Gray said...

I want the ER story!