Saturday, June 6, 2009

Till Death Do us Party

Okay--at long last--the wedding we were all desperately trying not to be fat for. It was picture-perfect, except for the fact that I slept on a loveseat cushion on the floor the night before. No sofa for me...just the loveseat. Cushions.

We kicked off the fun the day before. Jo-Jo gave Lancer some sweet Tiffany engraved cuff-links, and we ate pizza and salad. Joe--the Groomie--regaled us with his troll doll story (don't ask) and when we went to Fisherman's Wharf to play. It was a nice warm night--very UN-San Francisco.


Susan, Jo's sister, and Asian Baby, the flower girl!


We also got gorgeous matching pearl necklaces to wear the next day. Thanks Bridie!

The Big day!


Jo-Jo's fabulous shoes!

This is me with Husbie, stealing a moment--it was our 6th anniversary, afterall. More on that later.

I love this picture of them. This is so Jo-Jo!

They got hitched on the Mandarin Oriental Skydeck 40 floors up. Seriously--can you get a better backdrop for a SF wedding? It was amazing! No clouds, fog, or weirdos in view.


Here they are taking the plunge. See the hot Preacher Man?? I made out with him all night. That's less scandalous when you see it was Lancer. He was the officiant. Funny, yes?? He did a great job. I wrote the vows, and he delivered them with grace and panache. Good job Preacher Man! (Side Note: Brooke helped me realize this is a confusing factoid. In CA, you can get deputized for a day, and this allows you to marry anyone, regardless of religion. LJ is *not* really a Preacher/Priest/Officiant. He just plays one on TV.)


Done and done! Mr and Mrs Sparks!!

You should always make time for a little booty grab. Nice one Jo-Jo!
The Groomsmen...I love the one with the veil





The cake with the adorable vintage cake topper

After some relaxing, we headed to Harlot for a night of dancing. It was quite the cast of charachters. If ever I doubted that I am a boring suburbanite deep down...this crowd reminded me that I am.

I broke my heels off during the wedding, so I had to throw on the flip-flops. It was a nice touch.

Sharing a Shirley Temple with Jo-Jo!


Drive off into the sunset crazy kids! Love you! I'm so glad the obese twinners Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle Dum didn't clear out your buffet table. Or maybe they did, since I only heard about the shrimp cocktail--I didn't actually get any. Looking forward to the official pics from the big day.

XOXO

8 comments:

Toria said...

you look gorgeous- and so does that wedding! Happy 6 years to you too!

ShopGirlSF said...

I only got half a bite of shrimp cocktail and a crab cake. Boo! But from those that had food I heard it was yummy...

brooke said...

I am completely intrigued. These photos are beautiful. I'm absolutely smitten with San Francisco and I'm so jealous of that view. I still feel like I know nothing about you--How did Lancer marry the two of them--is he some sort of priest or official? Is this a dumb question? You look so beautiful and not-fat! In fact, you look amazing. What a gorgeous wedding.

The Mostess said...

The view that day was perfect. I have never seen SF so clear in my 15 years here. Lucky girl!

So--you can get deputized for a day by the state of California. Anyone can do it, regardless of background or religions. So--we're totally Mormon, but he presided over their wedding as an officiant. He even gave a Mormon prayer. ;)

Lance said...

As I always say, you are a hottie potate. Smart and funny too!

brooke said...

Thanks for clearing that up--I was totally confused because your husbie looks so Mormon :-)! I forgot to tell you that I love the picture of the groomsmen the best--it should be on a CD cover or something.

Ashley said...

Brooke called me this morning asking if Lance was a Priest. Classic.

You looked hot and so did the bride! You and Lance really will party til you die.

Ashley said...

And now that the wedding's over, you are free to get fat!