Sunday, January 17, 2010

PCH

Okay--first things first. I finally got to meet the Blog-famous Brooke. It was like having dinner with Ashley's twinner. They look, talk, and laugh exactly the same.


Dinner with the Doublemint twins was great. We met up at Tamarine in Palo Alto. I threw out a few suggestions for the girls, listing options for good and even great food. Then I told them I had a restaurant that would blow them away, and they signed up. Tamarine it was. As always, the food was amazing.

I ordered the shrimp puffcakes and the shrimp spring rolls to start. My main dish was the tamarine prawns. It was all delicious. My favorite part is how they nestle the exotic rices in banana leaves.

On Friday, Lancer and I took off for Monterey. We got a great deal on a room at the Monterey Plaza Hotel on Cannery Row--it included a $50 room credit. Upon checking in, they "offered" us a room upgrade for a mere $50. So tricky, you guys. We passed, which ended up being the best option. Our room was more like a suite, and the bed was made of clouds. I want to go back. Lancer ducked out to take these nighttime pics while I snuggled up by the fire.


We dined in the on-site restaurant. First up--I ordered the beet and goat cheese salad, and Lance got the creamy clam chowder. We also shared a crab stuffed artichoke with a garlic aioli dipping sauce.

For the main entree, Lancer went with the catch of the day, and I got the shrimp Thai salad. Thanks $50 credit! There apparently is such a thing as a free lunch, and it's delicious!


The next day, we explored Monterey. We started out in downtown Monterey, grabbing breakfast and checking out stores. Lancer picked up a few new argyle sweaters to make up for his 2 sweaters that mysteriously disappeared. I'm sure glad about this fact, because I (hopefully) no longer have to hear his theories on where they went.


In the afternoon, we mozied on down the coast to check out Big Sur. The weather was highly cooperative, and we got some great pics.

Lance fixed up this one of me--I love it!









After enjoying the breathtaking views, we headed back to Carmel. We popped into the shops, and Lancer surprised me with a cute new green purse. I love it! I'm ready for spring.

Thanks for another great weekend of great food and great views. Now I feel refreshed and ready to go back to work. That's not really true, but I will certainly feel better when I think back on the weekend 'o' fun.

5 comments:

brooke said...

Ashley and I had such a great time. Tamarine was delicious and I'm still thinking about the shrimp puffs and the yummy beef. The saddest part was that it was Sam's b-day and he was at home eating McDonalds.

Your weekend in Monterrey looked wonderful. You and Lancer know how to live!

Sara said...

I looooove Monterey:) For a couple of reasons...it is gorgeous down there.

Hayley said...

1- tamarine..YUM
2- an eve with ashley & co would be nothing but fabulous
3- great pics, lancer!
4- the email about letting my kids sleep outside was mostly a joke, but after seeing your pics, i think i'll pop-up a tent for them & stow away in the back of the benzie. just saying.

Ashley said...

Dinner really was so delicious. I want to take Tyler back there. We also took your advice and went to Sam's Chowder House the next day--so fun! Love your spring purse!

Lance said...

I'm glad we got there and back before the rain came! Good times!