Sunday, April 19, 2009

Greased Lightening

And the birthday fun continues! My birthday isn't until next week, but I've been milking the fun for days now. Actually, months if you consider all of the gifts I had Lancer get me in advance--NKOTB tix and my Ipod shuffle, to name a few.

Tonight, my friend Kristina and I headed up to SF to see Grease @ the Golden Gate Theatre


I have seen that movie so many times, I could do all of the lines in my sleep. The play was great, and all of the classic songs were fun. I had to stop myself from doing the hand jive. The people in front of us apparently couldn't refrain, and they looked really dumb, so I'm glad I have self-mastery skills.

The fun part about the show is that it stars.....TAYLOR HICKS!! YAY!!

Kidding. I don't watch American Idol, and I certainly didn't go to the "Idol Showcase Tour" like my nutso friends. We sorta got into an Idol VS. NKOTB "fight" that lasted for several posts last year. I won.

However-- in honor of Crazy Hayley, I bought her a Taylor Hicks CD and had him sign a poster made out to her.

I hope she doesn't read this before church at 9 am tomorrow, where I will present her with this amazing treat. I'm the greatest friend ever.


I have to say that he was a great singer, and very nice and friendly. It was fun to stalk yet another celeb this week--I'm on a roll. It may very well be my new hobby. Who should I stalk next? I'm open to your suggestions.

7 comments:

louisgray said...

In case you were concerned you didn't look "nuts" enough, the red eye in the last photo does the trick!

:)

The Mostess said...

It's my contacts...happens every time.

I also look like I had a little "work" done, and got a mini-browlift. I need to NOT make that face down the line.

brooke said...

I'm jealous. I like Taylor Hicks. I think you should stalk Mel Gibson--I hear he's available now.

Ashley said...

What's with Brooke and Mel Gibson? She needs some new material. Anyway, fun date with Kristina. I think you should stick with your C-listers (no offense to NKOTB) and maybe go for Kathy Griffith or Arsenio Hall.

Ashley said...

Correction: Kathy Griffin. You know it's bad for your celeb status when people don't even know your last name.

Sara said...

Oh kaari-I love your wiley ways. Happy Early birthday btw!!! And Taylor Hicks is LUCKY he met you:)

Ashley said...

Come on, come on, tell us about your party already!!!

Also, when was your exact bday? I felt like a fool after seeing you at Coscto--what if that was your bday and I didn't acknowledge? What a jerk I am! BTW, I'm returning the sevens, but probably keeping the shorts (in army green).