Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New York State of Mind

It's happening, folks! As of this month, we will be a bi-coastal family. We will be spending part of our time in NYC for Lance's job.


There are many things I am looking forward to--here's a smattering:

A Yankees game. Sure I hate sports--but when in Rome...


The Shopping--I'm totally going to make B dance on the piano with me ala' Big.


The food. Oh, the food. Good, cheap, and delicious food 24/7. Tons of gluten-free options. $7 Zagat rated Thai food. Food that's delivered before you can even preheat your oven. Food, glorious food.

Close proximity to guidos/Jersey/GTL. I'll be on the lookout for Pauly D!

Wahlburgers!!


Wahlbergers!!


Coney Island. Junky old roller coasters by the sea? Add in some cotton candy, and I'm sold!


Colonial Williamsburg! Fake city where I can wear a bonnet and churn butter?? I'm in!


The American Girl doll store. So I can B hooked while she's young and impressionable. I've got a shed full of stuff she needs to love whether she likes it or not, so better to start her early.

Friends! Not these friends (though that would be a realistic possibility and a total bonus) but our scads of friends that have migrated back east. We're coming for you!


Life is hard.

6 comments:

Greg said...

Kaari, how long are you going to be living in NYC??? sounds like a lot of fun!

Ashley said...

I can't say I'm not a wee bit jealous. Adventure, shopping, food I don't have to cook . . . Though I think you need to cross into double digit days there before I start calling you bicoastal!

Elizabeth said...

How exciting ...You need to blog it all so I can get to know New York from afar.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brooke said...

Yay! I am excited for you but sad for Ashley. At least you will give us some good blog posts. I need something to live for.

The Gilberts said...

Where is this magical affordable/delicious food available in NYC? I could only find $16 burgers with a handful of fries for my dime. We ate at a lot of delis. Spill!