Saturday, May 5, 2012

Getting my Mouse Ears


It's no secret that I've been wanting to go to Disneyland for years. I've never been. Yes, I've lived HALF my life in California now, and I've never been. It's shameful.

Before I had kids, I was secretly hoping that I had a girl so I could share my love of NKOTB with her. In second place, however, was taking a trip to Disneyland with my future kid. As my faithful readers know, I LOVE fake places. Main Street USA is my dream come true!! It will tide me over until I can make my way to Colonial Williamsburg to churn butter in a bonnet.


I bought this book, and I think it's a good start. It already pointed me toward an amazing package that includes a deluxe 2 room suite and park hopper passes for super cheap.


I think Blakely and Colin are going to flip out when they arrive and realize what they've stumbled into. I'm greasing the Disney wheels with a nonstop stream of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to get her ready. It's in her best interest.

Any last minute advice? Any must see attractions? Anything you would skip? Lay it on me Mousketeers!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well I already told you you have to take Beezie to playhouse Disney live onstage- get there early for a good seat- like 30 minutes at least. Are you wanting her to meet princesses? Do that as early in the day as possible. Also take advantage of fast passes for every ride you can, but even buzz lighyear astro blasters has them. Toy story mania does not- but that ride is soooo fun! You'll have to just wait the full time for that.
As for food make sure you get a dole whip by the tiki room- they're the same ones they have in Hawaii at the dole plantation. You are going to have so much fun! Oh, and take advantage of stroller passes!!!!

Greg said...

Kaari, you're going to have a great time! Main Street Disney may even make you forget Gilroy Gardens for just a moment or two. Congrats!

Ashley said...

Did we already discuss that you should skip autotopia? Huge line and not as fun as the gilroy cars. You'll have a blast I'm sure!

brooke said...

I am late to the party...hope my Dland posts helped you. I can't wait for a full report!